news & politics:discussion

zahidf

11 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

At what stage did ULEZ and other pollution control measures become a left or right thing? Also they get confused with carbon and climate although they do benefit. Is this purely a money thing?

climate change is all part of the woke agenda to shackle the people.

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

climate change is all part of the woke agenda to shackle the people.

Keir Starmer is shackled to my heart.

I’m happy that Labour were able to win a by-election for my birthday, that was a nice treat. 

25 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

and those damn 15 minute cities ..... all part of the WEF agenda .... 

Don't get me started. I troll conspiracy sites and 15 minute cities are a big thing. I point out that a city like Paris is a 15 minute city so life must be hell there. 

Ah f**k it, it is all Bill Gates fault.

2 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I must admit I do like a redhead and I would give Angela one. 

Angela for PM.

she was just on ch4 news and she was very good, very on board with the messaging about fiscal responsibility and full of attacks on tories that have led us to this state. I actually think she would be a pretty good leader, but I am probably in a minority.

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

she was just on ch4 news and she was very good, very on board with the messaging about fiscal responsibility and full of attacks on tories that have led us to this state. I actually think she would be a pretty good leader, but I am probably in a minority.

I do too, I think she’s one of the top contenders for it next. 

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I find it strange some people moaning about someone in their 20s being an mp. I don’t think you want 650 of them , but having 2 or 3 offers a different perspective.

It aint that he’s in his 20s, noone was arsed when it was mhairi black. He’s a privately educated, oxford grad whose work experience includes a year or two in some grad job in PR for the CBI and then working in wes streetings office and that he has the demeanour and voice of alvin and the chipmunks… 

The only good thing about it is that he’ll be gone at the next election, where as if he’d have been patient and waited for a safer seat then he’d have plagued us for years.

Edited by mattiloy

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

It aint that he’s in his 20s, noone was arsed when it was mhairi black. He’s a privately educated, oxford grad whose work experience includes a year or two in some grad job in PR for the CBI and then working in wes streetings office and that he has the demeanour and voice of alvin and the chipmunks… 

The only good thing about it is that he’ll be gone at the next election, where as if he’d have been patient and waited for a safer seat then he’d have plagued us for years.

wow - bitter much.

43 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

What kind of work experience do you expect him to have at that age?

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Rachel reeves won't get past the membership at all.