news & politics:discussion

zahidf

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I'm not sure there's a bigger twat than David Frost. He needs to f**k off.

I wonder what the odds are that he gets some kind of funding from oil/gas companies?

15 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Labour dropping pledge for self ID for trans people, correct or not? To me this is a really challenging issue and I struggle to know what is right. From labour perspective I don’t think it’s an issue to get tied up over.

From what I’ve read it’s not ideal for trans people but some of the proposals will help a bit. 

15 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Labour dropping pledge for self ID for trans people, correct or not? 

correct, as scotland showed there's not logical solutions for all angles.

21 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Labour dropping pledge for self ID for trans people, correct or not? To me this is a really challenging issue and I struggle to know what is right. From labour perspective I don’t think it’s an issue to get tied up over.

Without offering an opinion on self ID, I just think once again it shows that Labour will drop any policy as soon as it gets the slightest bit of push back. It is hard to get excited about anything they offer as you have no clue whether it'll even make it to the manifesto, let alone be implemented in government.

2 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Without offering an opinion on self ID, I just think once again it shows that Labour will drop any policy as soon as it gets the slightest bit of push back. It is hard to get excited about anything they offer as you have no clue whether it'll even make it to the manifesto, let alone be implemented in government.

I just think you have to fight your battles. This is one the conservatives would love to fight and has the potential to tie labour in knots and take the focus away from bread and butter issues.

I believe trans people will be better served with a labour government.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

that Labour will drop any policy as soon as it gets the slightest bit of push back.

this  would have policy flaws without solutions (just see scotland).- those are best avoided under all circumstances.

I wonder why there’s been no comment by some on the Tories rowing back on climate change policies, you know one of the biggest issues facing the planet? It’s a tricky one. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I wonder why there’s been no comment by some on the Tories rowing back on climate change policies, you know one of the biggest issues facing the planet? It’s a tricky one. 

reckon carrie will poke spaffer into speaking up sometime soon.....!

40 minutes ago, Neil said:

this  would have policy flaws without solutions (just see scotland).- those are best avoided under all circumstances.

I wasn’t even talking about Gender reform but there’s at least 5 big policies that Labour have backtracked on as soon as they get a teeny bit of criticism for them. Hardly inspires confidence imo

58 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I just think you have to fight your battles. This is one the conservatives would love to fight and has the potential to tie labour in knots and take the focus away from bread and butter issues.

I believe trans people will be better served with a labour government.

Yeah I get you but I’m just kinda like why even say you’re gonna do X in the first place if you’re just gonna backtrack on it. It’s just insincere 

26 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Wow not another ozanne passive aggressive comment!! Shock horror. If you’re speaking to someone then just tag them, not this referring to ‘some people’ as always. Grow up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah I get you but I’m just kinda like why even say you’re gonna do X in the first place if you’re just gonna backtrack on it. It’s just insincere 

I think being a serious party wanting to govern, a quality you need is to learn from yours ( or others) mistakes and change course. I think the idea of self ID is done with the right intentions, but as Scotland showed intentions and practice are sometimes two different things.

I hold my hands up that I don’t know the right solution. I do however know the Torys want to fight on these issues to deflect from the mess they have made.

I thought the Tories believed in the free market? I guess that’s another lie all because a company dared to go against one of the right wingers.