news & politics:discussion

zahidf

48 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So the NHS is great and there are no issues ?  FFS, come on Neil....

i'm noit saying there were no issues, i didn't see any issues - 

i'm saying at the time i was ill, the tv was full of stories about how the nhs was in its knees due to covid, from my place on a hospital bed it seemed to be ticking all the boxes for what i felt it should be doing.

it was much worse when i was readmitted with a different complaint 6 months later.

then things were too busy & chaotic for anything to operate well.

Got my eye on another scootereon Amazon decent price, but not usable by me. It's got left and right hand controls so I'll have to adapt the left hand controls to the right hand or to be foot controls. I won't know how easy that is until it was delivered to me, so it's a lot of money to spend on an item that might be useless to me.i want it anyway but will sleep on it before buying.if it's easy to adapt then it would be great for me. Got a few friends who could help me adapt it would be difficult for me to dowith just one usable hand. I'm strongly tempted.will sleep on it.

13 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Pretty sure the ones who can't get in a hospital bed would take a different view point.

\anyone who really needs a bed still gets one, not perfect, but not entirely sh*t.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

pop

there's another major Chinese property on the brink as well, forget the  name.

this is bad sh*t cos the Chinese housing market has been driving the world economy in recent years.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Do they ?  I know people who have been on a waiting list for three years with no bed in sight for their operation ? 

they probably  don't need a bed with an acute illness.

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Who said it was acute ?   Your brain works in strange ways sometimes lol

just rationalising it, if they were seriously ill, they'd very probably, get a hospital bed and their operation, its the less urgent stuff that is getting kicked down the road.

So what you are promoting their Neil is leaving people sat at home in agony suffering from easily treatable conditions because its not life threatening.  All the while you sit their lording how wonderful the NHS is.  Its barely functional.

i'm not promoting anything, i was just trying to lay out the situation as it is, not perfect but not leaving people to die. it has limited resources and cant deal with everything immediately.

i met a mouthy tory in hospital who used to enjoy phoning his mates to loudly  tell them how f**ked the nhs was, i would mutter "you caused it" which is possibly. possibly the case with some of those people you know?

Sounds wonderful - I can see why you are so proud of it...

no, its cos of some touching human moments were the staff went above and beyond  to give top level care and compassion.

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Blame the victims.... They don't deserve any better...

some people are to blame for the tory govt.the consequences of that govt is less than ideal for the nhs. at least i'm not having to make up bollocks to defend against your bpollocks, its only you saying leacve the plebs to die.

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Bless - they made you a cup of tea ? 

they gave up their time to be decent people , probably something you can't comprehend.

While all the issues being reported about the NHS by the BMA, Doctors, Patient groups, patients can all just be ignored because in the book of Neil they aren't as deserving of a bed as he was...

Pretty sure thats in the job description...

its not in the job description to  come in out of working hours, to do special things for patients. nor to break the rules to give special patient care.

really is superb when the govt treats them like sh*t, the govt offered a 1% pay rise to the nhs while i was in hospital. if they'd have said f**k off and walked out i wouldn't have blamed them.

At least we got there in the end...  Yes it could do better...  A lot better...  

when i was in there it was doing better than the reporting said.it was mostly still functioning.

The Tories have underfunded the NHS for years and ensured substandard working conditions. It fits the Tories goals though to drive the NHS into the ground so they can get rid of it and ensure their mates in the private sector can profit.

The NHS is a great institution but with all this miss-management by the Tories it will suffer and services will decline. 

Once that fish bloke gets on here the whole thing becomes him slagging off the NHS.

My experience is once you get in there and get treated the service is great and the people working there are great. It is getting in that is the problem, waiting times are silly for some things, demand too high for current services to cope with I guess.