news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You are a total hypocrite, you hated the thread and in fact closed Two Covid threads, if it was so great why not reopen it so we can discuss the many new facts that have come to light over the past couple of years? Stevie might then know that "face nappys" were in fact pretty much useless in stopping the spread, something some of us suspected at the time but have now had confirmed.

oh dear

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You are a total hypocrite, you hated the thread and in fact closed Two Covid threads, if it was so great why not reopen it so we can discuss the many new facts that have come to light over the past couple of years? Stevie might then know that "face nappys" were in fact pretty much useless in stopping the spread, something some of us suspected at the time but have now had confirmed.

face nappies stupid person.

28 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You are a total hypocrite, you hated the thread and in fact closed Two Covid threads, if it was so great why not reopen it so we can discuss the many new facts that have come to light over the past couple of years? Stevie might then know that "face nappies" were in fact pretty much useless in stopping the spread, something some of us suspected at the time but have now had confirmed.

i did n't hate it but it did get ruined by a few individuals which you're trying to repeat here!, i closed other covid threads to avoid festival forums only having covid threads.

Edited by Neil

1 minute ago, Neil said:

i did n't hate it but it did get ruined by a few individuals which you're trying to repeat here!, i closed other covid threads to avoid festival forums only having covid threads.

Ruined by having the "wrong" opinions! You wanted everyone to agree with the government and prevailing "scientific" narrative, much of which has since been shown to be wrong, no one on here now wants to discuss Covid but unless we learn from what happened and how we were misled we will just accept the same crap next time.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Heard Starmer on Radio1 yesterday. Was extremely uninspiring

you're new to starmer politics aren't you, his stand out feature before becoming leader was how dull he is.

Just now, gizmoman said:

Ruined by having the "wrong" opinions! You wanted everyone to agree with the government and prevailing "scientific" narrative, much of which has since been shown to be wrong, no one on here now wants to discuss Covid but unless we learn from what happened and how we were misled we will just accept the same crap next time.

some just wanted to spread their ignorant prjudiced bollocks, cos you couldn't prove anything about (insert childish comment not appropriate on forums for adults).

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

We should have an inquiry.

or we should have a repeat of all the very childish phrases some liked to use, because childish is  the total some had to offer.

Edited by Neil

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

or we should have a repeat of all the very childish phrases some liked to use, because childish is  the total some had to offer.

I remember some hideously bad takes in that thread. None by me of course, I was very rarely if ever wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I remember some hideously bad takes in that thread. None by me of course, I was very rarely if ever wrong. 

I think I sense a little bit of humour here. If so, well done, you've gone up in my estimation.

35 minutes ago, Neil said:

you're new to starmer politics aren't you, his stand out feature before becoming leader was how dull he is.

I didn't say dull. I don't care if he's dull, I care that he is uninspiring and offered nothing in the interview of note- it's just so vague and like he is afraid to stand for anything.

33 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Worst thing is a grown man listening to Radio 1.

I'm 27 which puts me well within the target demographic 🙂 

Also imagine a 50 (?) year old thinking he can comment on what anyone else does when they have over 10k posts in this very thread, most of which are total nonsense 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Wasn't even the prevailing "scientific" narrative.  It was the narrative of a bunch of political activists disguised as scientist.  

Some of them were scientists, people like Jonathan Van Tam deputy chief medical officer, wonder what happened to him?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/jonathan-van-tam-job-moderna-vaccine-b2395006.html

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Either twitter posts or calling people names.  Not much in-between.

clearly something wrong in his personal life that he craves attention so much on here. Just today he has tried to start an argument with both of us despite apparently having us muted for months 🤣 this is all days after CFs attempts to clear up the thread. I tried leaving it for a few days but what's the point in even trying when that donut stevie won't let up 

12 minutes ago, km9 said:

I think I sense a little bit of humour here. If so, well done, you've gone up in my estimation.

My certainty that Glastonbury 2021 would go ahead was a real gem.