news & politics:discussion

zahidf

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I think we may well see some big majorities overturned this time .

I sincerely hope you are right but the Tory PR machine is well oiled and strong and all too much of the electorate still falls for pretty 3 word slogans........................ but sadly not this one:

Anyone But Conservative

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

I sincerely hope you are right but the Tory PR machine is well oiled and strong and all too much of the electorate still falls for pretty 3 word slogans........................ but sadly not this one:

Anyone But Conservative

I just think the Labour Party should have a massive dossier on the Torys right now .... They are showing they aren't capable of absolutely anything ..... even having a boat to keep the migrants in they somehow managed to screw that up so they are pleasing no one ( I don't agree with the boat thing by the way ) its just an example 

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I think we may well see some big majorities overturned this time .

The big ones to hope for are gove and spelling mistake. both  look likely to lose in proper true blue Surrey seats(I've lived in both).

24 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I just think the Labour Party should have a massive dossier on the Torys right now .... They are showing they aren't capable of absolutely anything ..... even having a boat to keep the migrants in they somehow managed to screw that up so they are pleasing no one ( I don't agree with the boat thing by the way ) its just an example 

We need a boat to keep the MP's in - that will save loads of cash

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am not sure there are any parties not in government now that could make things worse so it will get better................. from a very very low base.

True, it is a fairly unique opportunity for Labour and if they can show genuine improvement then there’s a good chance they’ll get a 2nd term.

The whole Dorries timing thing doesn’t surprise me. If she quit when she originally said she would, she would have just been one of a number of MPs losing their seat at that time.  

Delaying it till a point where there’s no political news going on means all the attention can be on her. 

Good riddance, she won’t be missed. 

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The whole Dorries timing thing doesn’t surprise me. If she quit when she originally said she would, she would have just been one of a number of MPs losing their seat at that time.  

Delaying it till a point where there’s no political news going on means all the attention can be on her. 

Good riddance, she won’t be missed. 

fair point .... I reckon she's been writing and re writing that letter ever since