news & politics:discussion

zahidf

This joins up with other covid stuff some new research on long covid says long covid is caused bya blood clot on the brain while suffering from COVID. Looks like covid causes clots. Been linked with vaccines. Clots in the eyes causing eye problems and more.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

This joins up with other covid stuff some new research on long covid says long covid is caused bya blood clot on the brain while suffering from COVID. Looks like covid causes clots. Been linked with vaccines. Clots in the eyes causing eye problems and more.

This study was of unvaccinated patients, what do you mean by "been linked with vaccines"? This research was purely about the effects of covid not of any effect of the vaccine.

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

This study was of unvaccinated patients, what do you mean by "been linked with vaccines"? This research was purely about the effects of covid not of any effect of the vaccine.

Several of the vaccines were being blamed for causing clots doc I spoke with at the time reaconed clots were an effect of covid so expected from vaccines.

It was the AZ one with the clots (I remember a BBC presenter died from it) I think every country's stopped using it now (Their results this year said they haven't sold a single shot) Pfizer and Moderna the concerns were myocarditis particularly in younger people.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

Several of the vaccines were being blamed for causing clots doc I spoke with at the time reaconed clots were an effect of covid so expected from vaccines.

I get you, and it's true, there have been studies proving the link with clotting from the vaccines. Thing is, this study is from 2020/21 so from the original, more dangerous form of covid, it has since mutated to the milder Omicron variant (and now the latest type) we don't know if the new strain is as bad for clots or if it causes them at all, hopefully the clotting and long covid will be far less of a problem now.

Before I quote it this is not my opinion, it is not something I have decided it is the words of experts used by government to decide on whether  a project is worthwhile. As I wrote yesterday government in the past chose to ignore such experts and go with HS2 instead........................ but I was then attacked by the former owner of this site who even after I went carried on his little war in my absense.

This is not a poke at him, he does that well himself, this is so you can all see reasons why HS2 was not seen by all to be the way forward but was chosen anyway. This is also 

This is from a 'go/no go' report in 2021 by Oxford Economics, who also wrote reports before HS2 was ever agreed that said similar.
"£2.50 is generated for the wider economy for every £1 spent on British railways. This compares with a predicted return of between £1.30 and £1.50 for every pound invested in HS2"

This is from the New Exonomics Foundation in 2019
"HS2 will not address the majority of commuter overcrowding, nor improve many of the poor quality services in the north of England.   A new north-south railway line is probably needed but it isn’t the priority investment for transport spending. It isn’t even the priority for spending on the railways."

There are heaps more from pre construction times and as I wrote yesterday, it was the government that chose to invest in one thing rather than the whole network as many reports suggested was better. 

Anyway, hope this helps anyone interested in understanding and I hope I don't get more pointless personal attacks as a result.

13 hours ago, Neil said:

Or cooking or electric showering.

Oh indeed and your point on gaming PC consumption,  which really related to the type of graphics cards being used

With my Son he does have a fan on when it is warm through the night 😒 and would just be cheaper on their night rate, which would charge the battery if we had one.

Everything else, apart from fridge and such. Would be done in the day when it is light.

Question about this site.

When will the festival listing start getting updated regulalrly like they used to. Still no yearly drop downs since 2020 and this year loads were never listed.

Lots of future ones not on there either and it really was a great resource for finding new festivals that seems to have been mostly left.

Hopefully the new owner is working on plans to revive and improve.

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Question about this site.

When will the festival listing start getting updated regulalrly like they used to. Still no yearly drop downs since 2020 and this year loads were never listed.

Lots of future ones not on there either and it really was a great resource for finding new festivals that seems to have been mostly left.

Hopefully the new owner is working on plans to revive and improve.

listings get updated when they get done by iggy , what do you mean by yearly drop downs?, not all festivals can be listed its more hours than the site could pay for (just got reminded that it last paid me in November 2022).