news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, Neil said:

was the British govt taking the piss today, sending HMS "WE BEAT THE FRENCH" to the state visit to France. 😛 

was actually hms "iron duke" which cant have been just an unfortunate choice. surely somone realised the link.

14 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

you ok there Alter ego ? 

I am pissed off................................ the country is a mess.

Yesterday I listened to san interview about immigration.

FIVE TIMES they asked about safe routes and got no answer......... all the interviewee wanted to talk about was smuggling gangs and returning people to safe third countries...........................

The interviewee was Keir Starmer.
His safe third countries were India and Albania
Even right at the end, given one last chance to talk about safe routes he just referred to the gangs again.

He may as well have been Sunak

14 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

does a democratic vote become less of one when influenced by Russia and Massive lies that are now obvious to most ? 

We have not ignored the democratic vote now though - we have done Brexit.

It is sh*t.

Let's vote on it now we know what it is.

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

He referred directly to returning them to safe third countries and then named those two.

I was gobsmacked

he means sending people from those countries back if fail asylum...they have made up a sizeable proportion of the people coming over on boats. People from Syria, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and some parts of N Africa would probably just get fast tracked through...I'm guessing it's how they would clear the backlog. He doesn't mean sending them all to India or Albania!

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he means sending people from those countries back if fail asylum...they have made up a sizeable proportion of the people coming over on boats. People from Syria, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and some parts of N Africa would probably just get fast tracked through...I'm guessing it's how they would clear the backlog. He doesn't mean sending them all to India or Albania!

Are you certain - I listened again and I still hear it differently................ or maybe I am so pissed off with politicians that I now struggle to listen properly without seeing red?

but why oh why oh why will he not discuss safe routes. At PMQ's week after week he raised them........ and now shys away from them.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

maybe those from India have legitimate claims for asylum because they're non Hindu and getting persecuted or whatever...but not sure how you set up safe legal routes from India for those. Not sure what situation is in Albania.

Albania is depends on lots - if you are LGBQ+ then you are, in some areas, deemed 2nd lcass for example

Just now, steviewevie said:

No.

It just hasn't been done properly.

We need to actually shift Britain into the Pacific somewhere.

OK Then............

What is Brexit 'done properly'?

Real answer to that is nobody knows as it is individual as to what it is, and always has been.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Albania is depends on lots - if you are LGBQ+ then you are, in some areas, deemed 2nd lcass for example

yes, sure...so they would probably have asylum accepted...but again how do you set up safe legal routes for those.

Seems easier for places like Afghanistan (which is supposed to have safe legal routes already), like with Hong Kong and Ukraine.