news & politics:discussion

zahidf

11 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Nothing is prime time if he associates himself with the scum 

I find these award the most ironic of all................ the Scum's front page has, week after week, damned nurses, doctors, teachers etc for their industrial action and here we are with them handing awards out to them

I have to say too I am amazed any Labour politician would want to associate with them in any way.

Anyway, back to the news and discussion........

I do wonder about the sanity levels of some politicians now.

I also wonder if any can ever answer questions anymore - given this morning on TV.

What a pathetic lot they are.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "Are the meat taxes in the room with us now?"

Edited by Nobody Interesting

14 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I find these award the most ironic of all................ the Scum's front page has, week after week, damned nurses, doctors, teachers etc for their industrial action and here we are with them handing awards out to them

I have to say too I am amazed any Labour politician would want to associate with them in any way.

It’s a shame, I agree, but unfortunately to win an election you’re going to have to get that readership onside. Part of that is doing these kind of things.

15 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

A troll of any worth has skills to hide the fact of trolling.......

This one's method is 'petulance'. Not very impressive

he man, chill baby...I was only joking about your mis-quote debate with ozanne. I know you're actually very left wing and green because you keep telling us. 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he man, chill baby...I was only joking about your mis-quote debate with ozanne. I know you're actually very left wing and green because you keep telling us. 

OK - I be chillin.................

You might gather I really hate being told I said something I did not though................. and I also know in typing that I have opened the flood gates.

But hey, I would rather be me than what I have seen today.

Now Labour refuse to answer questions on Inheritance Tax and if they would keep it! FFS scrapping it helps the richest of all most. Keep it and increase it!

Edited by Nobody Interesting

talking of really left wing, there's a whole bunch of stuff organised by People's Assembly in Manc over the weekend and into next week, with a demo on the sunday...but looks a bit too left wing for this centrist dad..it's all stop the war and Mick Lynch and The Big Lie. Maybe I'll go to the demo with all the other revolting boomers...if it isn't raining...

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Everything okay Stevie? Your posting is even more erratic and attention seeking than usual. Maybe take a break from here, can’t hurt. 

On 9/23/2023 at 3:32 PM, Nobody Interesting said:

n wants to tell people what to do re smoking

i9 thought that but he doesnt - he'll let the smokers keep smoking and won't allow new smokers. i can't see non-smokers protesting cos they're not being allowed to take up a disgusting habit (this recently reformed smoker says try the patches they work), and get a pipe if you still want to smoke weed.

20 minutes ago, Neil said:

i9 thought that but he doesnt - he'll let the smokers keep smoking and won't allow new smokers. i can't see non-smokers protesting cos they're not being allowed to take up a disgusting habit (this recently reformed smoker says try the patches they work), and get a pipe if you still want to smoke weed.

isn't this the increasing age you can legally buy cigarettes every year thing...so this generation never is able to buy them? Not sure how I feel about this when I think drugs should be legal, but getting people off smoking would save loads of money for NHS...but then again people live longer so increases pension spend...

Edited by steviewevie

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

It’s a shame, I agree, but unfortunately to win an election you’re going to have to get that readership onside. Part of that is doing these kind of things.

I do get this, but I think Labour need to be careful about courting that rag too closely. If there's anything that could possibly lose them support in the Liverpool area, it's being seen to be associated with them.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

isn't this the increasing age you can legally buy cigarettes every year thing...so this generation never is able to buy them? Not sure how I feel about this when I think drugs should be legal, but getting people off smoking would save loads of money for NHS...but then again people live longer so increases pension spend...

yeah, its stopping new generations getting started - different to drugs as there's not a plseant effect with fags.

if you smoke try the patches (i was a sceptic until they were forced on me). they do work! (it probably helped that i'd mostly broken the habit by vaping.

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

LOL You said I said WILL

I wrote CAN

You literally DID NOT quote what I wrote

I quoted you by pressing the quote button which showed your comments on tax cuts. I’m not trolling you just disagreement with your initial statement. 

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

We all know what's going to happen

Regardless of the stupidity of it, the Tories will get voted in again

i say you're wrong its more than just me and you who've had enough of them.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

here you go...net zero, EU, immigration...maybe stuff we like isn't so popular out there....

Deltapoll is very swingy and they have a tendency to go up and down like this. I wouldn’t pay too much attention to it.

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

We all know what's going to happen

Regardless of the stupidity of it, the Tories will get voted in again

😨

Think it could definitely be tighter than people are expecting.

Tories are very good at winning, people trust them more in govt for some stupid f**king reason, there are a lot of conservatives in this country, they have f**ked up badly last few years which has lost them support and Labour haven't really had to do much...but now that policies are coming out...and Labour are talking about spending loads on net zero and deals with EU and quotas for asylum seekers a lot of people might swing back to Tory for more of this sh*tty same old sh*t.

If Labour does lose will be interesting what direction they go in. They went to left, and lost. They went to the right, and lost. Maybe just give up?

(big if, they won't lose will they? WILL THEY?)