news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Sunak to be the change candidate and Starmer is the woke establishment.

Tories will try to find an attack angle the public won't buy it.

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Could the Torys split pre election ? 

I doubt it will especially with FPTP. They saw what happened with TIG last time round so they wouldn’t wanna risk it. 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

just can't quite figure what's going on there and Farage is there for a reason 

Tories are lining up ready to take over as leader after the next election. Farage probably sees tory leader as his last chance to have some relevance.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

Tories will try to find an attack angle the public won't buy it.

Of course they will, esp when The S*n gets involved. We've had plenty of polls showing Labour leads in the past, why should it be any different this time.

We're a country full of turkeys that love voting for Christmas.

I'm getting prepared to place a large bet on a Tory victory, will ease the pain a little.

I very glad I've got an Irish passport

23 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Knew there was something I was going to watch but forgot will try and remember to find it on catch up tomorrow 

It’s pretty grim but also not the best show. 

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Of course they will, esp when The S*n gets involved. We've had plenty of polls showing Labour leads in the past, why should it be any different this time.

irs no different -  its had enough of the tories like other times its had enough of the tories.

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

We're a country full of turkeys that love voting for Christmas.

I'm getting prepared to place a large bet on a Tory victory, will ease the pain a little.

I very glad I've got an Irish passport

rhis country votes idiot, cos its full of idiots

Having observed Farage-mania at close quarters at this year's conference, Tory commentator Tim Montgomerie said: "I'm convinced party members would choose him as leader if they could."

luckily he has yo get elected as an mp before he could be leader. he's failed to get elected too many times for the tories to stand him.

Gas panic terrible bus crash  on Venice this evening. With lots of mention of how the bus was powered by methane which then caught fire.witth a plan to replace natural gas with hydrogen I'm seeing lots of comments about how it's more dangerous. My van has run on gas for the last five years, no problems I even had an electrical fire. 

I've seen a video of the complete burnout of a gas powered car, the gas tank didn't leak or explode . It's as safe as petrol.

7 hours ago, Ozanne said:

It’s pretty grim but also not the best show. 

It was quite frustrating.

Don't think it told you anything you didn't already know if you'd been paying attention. Suppose it was quite interesting seeing it all in one place. The two lead (made up?) characters were a bit annoying too, especially the one from Darlington, walking round a room full of people having a party asking "is this a party?". 

The most annoying thing was the thing of only showing Johnson from behind. I assume they were using a lookalike and the had John Culshaw doing the voice. I'd rather they just used Culshaw in make up and a wig and shot it normally. We'd know who it was supposed to be even if it didn't look like him. The method they used was so clunky and distracting. Really took me out of it.