news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

fair enough. Ultimately HS2 wasn't that popular, and most people just want overall transport improved, so not sure how much this will hurt Tories electorally. I just think we could have done both, but looks like they blew it with the f**kup that was HS2. Personally I couldn't be arsed about east to west as I would rather a fast route to London than to Liverpool/Leeds/wherever...but I know the transpennine services are dire and should have been improved a long time ago.

But, if the future is going to be rail then we would need to sort out capacity, which was the main point of HS2...and that won't get resolved now...so I guess the future isn't rail.

Our transport is dire and HS2 would do nothing for us. 

Leeds are restricting traffic in the centre but have just reduced the Park and ride service. Bradford brought in a congestion charge but postponed the associated park and ride. In my area we want the rail electrifying through Bradford and Halifax to Manchester. The bus service is terrible outside commuting hours. 

I don't believe we'll get much beyond Leeds to Manchester. Maybe the Leeds tram.

But this will get them to the election alongside one off grants to regenetate small town marginals. Lots of tragetted social media ads promoting it

23 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Our transport is dire and HS2 would do nothing for us. 

Leeds are restricting traffic in the centre but have just reduced the Park and ride service. Bradford brought in a congestion charge but postponed the associated park and ride. In my area we want the rail electrifying through Bradford and Halifax to Manchester. The bus service is terrible outside commuting hours. 

I don't believe we'll get much beyond Leeds to Manchester. Maybe the Leeds tram.

But this will get them to the election alongside one off grants to regenetate small town marginals. Lots of tragetted social media ads promoting it

yeah, but will people buy it. They've been promising loads of sh*t for the north for ages.

4 hours ago, Skip997 said:

One of , if not the most addictive substance, of course there will be demand.

its not like there's a big pleasant effect like with some other addictive substances - so i can't see it creating a similar black market.

40 minutes ago, Neil said:

its not like there's a big pleasant effect like with some other addictive substances - so i can't see it creating a similar black market.

I gave up the following very easily: speed, alcohol, crack

I'm unable to give up cigs

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I gave up the following very easily: speed, alcohol, crack

I'm unable to give up cigs

try the patches -  I know they work, they got me thru my enforced cold turkey in hospital.

how i loved the smell of fags on a nurse who'd just had her break - the sweetest perfume 🙂 

(how

• Upvote 1