news & politics:discussion

zahidf

28 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Anyone else notice the hatred of Labour by the Left now they’re looking electable again. 

Yep, you see it here quite frequently. Labour isn’t pure enough for the far left so they have to attack Labour whilst barely mentioning the Tories. 

8 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Extremist views always cause issues. Were there any problems from the more moderate centrist groups?

they were driving round in their cars doing nos.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

yes, lots of people suggesting we are looking at a May election...which what I've been saying all along...

can't see sunak being able to stay as leader beyond the locals, which is why a GE in may makes most sense.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Yep, you see it here quite frequently. Labour isn’t pure enough for the far left so they have to attack Labour whilst barely mentioning the Tories. 

It kinda goes without saying that this government are a bunch of berks, and most here hold Labour to a much higher standard than the Tories.

…Also casting a critical eye over of the politicians we vote for and being vocal when we don’t like something Vs agreeing with everything is entirely healthy.

6 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Or it could allow Labour to do a bunch of things they've said they won't do (but would like to do) because they'll have the excuse of 'compromise' with other parties? Discuss...

maybe, I mean we don't know. It would be lib dems. I just think it will slow things down, limit what can be done.

6 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Out of pure academic interest I'd be fascinated to see her unseat Sunak and see how much of the electorate would vote for her.

yeah, she might become PM and ban protests and homeless people and boats and bbc and woke snowflakes and bring back hanging and force everyone to watch GB news so we can be educated on what is actually going on.