news & politics:discussion

zahidf

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

apart from the fact she's probably going to be our next PM.

Yes, it's going to be a glorious time!  

43 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I guess that's what you get when you cut and paste policy straight from the Taxpayers Alliance website.

She’s also gone and blamed the media. A cracking day for her. 

in proper cost of living crisis style, i've just spent too much money i don't yet have on a non-performing, non-functional gift for someone, and that someone will probably tell me off for buying her a gift. 😛 

7 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

I read that there would be no cuts to the salaries - just that there would be different rates of pay in different regions.  E.g. London might get 3%, but the North East might only get 2%, etc.  I know that in real terms, these are pay cuts, but that was the case anyway. Or have I missed something?

My understanding is that London is the only area that has different rate of pay. What Truss was proposing would result in public sector workers leaving more deprived areas to work in affluent areas where they would be paid more. It would negatively impact on services in deprived areas and is terrible policy.

1 hour ago, lost said:

I wonder if he also thinks the solution to the Israel Palestine situation is to disarm the Palestinians?

lol

turns out ww3 isn't with Russia, but instead china.