news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Does anyone really watch the BBC much anyway? I never put those channels on or much of any standard TV really. 

Occasionally watch stuff on iplayer, the BBC news website is my go to for news and I imagine that is hideously contaminated at the moment.

Just now, Skip997 said:

Occasionally watch stuff on iplayer, the BBC news website is my go to for news and I imagine that is hideously contaminated at the moment.

I only watch Sky News on YouTube for new but otherwise I hardly ever watch standard TV, just stream stuff online. They can put whatever they want on the BBC for all I care.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

I think if the queen was here and able to say what she would want people to do over the next week she would want people to just be kind to each other. I don't think she would be bothered about all these cancelation and token gestures.

Wouldn’t she have some kind of say in what she expected prior to her death ? I guess maybe not in such detail 

56 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Does anyone really watch the BBC much anyway? I never put those channels on or much of any standard TV really. 

Nah mate no one watches the BBC, apart from literally millions of people every day. 

I guess where you get your content is irrelevant as you're just looking out for Starmer content  

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Hull Folk and Maritime Festival
Steve's End of Summer Shindig
Wigan Diggers Festival
Penlee Park Open Air Theatre

Just to name 4

Tiny local events by the look of things.

Larger events, e,g. Mucky Weekender which starts today, couldn't afford to cancel, nor should they.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Hope everyone will be watching the Kings speech.

He'll probably talk about ugly modern architecture, GM crops and how fracking is a fucking stupid idea.

Not a hope in hell of me watching any speech by any monarch.

About time this world started to evolve.

Just now, Skip997 said:

Not a hope in hell of me watching any speech by any monarch.

About time this world started to evolve.

Yet you keep talking about them, probably a good idea if you are this against them to avoid a politics thread.