news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, but literally as soon as she announced it it was all about the queen.

Oh yeah I get that but it’s still been in the news and as of yet there isn’t a massive bounce back to the Tories. That’s not to say it won’t happen but at the moment it’s encouraging.

Starmer says - ‘Obviously we have to respect the fact that some people disagree. One of the great British traditions is the ability to protest and to disagree, but I think if it can be done in the spirit of respect.’

Seems like he thinks it’s fair for people to protest. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Starmer says - ‘Obviously we have to respect the fact that some people disagree. One of the great British traditions is the ability to protest and to disagree, but I think if it can be done in the spirit of respect.’

Seems like he thinks it’s fair for people to protest. 

But he doesn’t want it to be done around the events of the funeral and all the other stuff that’s gone with it … I’m gonna hold a protest on the street outside my house tonight won’t get much media attention … I can protest but only where kier thinks it’s appropriate is not free speech 

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

will suit your middle class values.

You've got no idea, why don't you just ban me and be done with it.

I've already requested that my profile is removed from this message board after your outrageous attempt to find out who I am through inappropriate use of an ip address.

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The problem is when is the timing right ? It’s about achieving publicity for a cause and actually the very best time to protest could be considered to be when the whole world are watching ?! 

Some of the stuff for Charles, the proclomation stuff and other ceremonial things, the coronation. Not at funeral or other places where people are there to mourn Queen's death.

Edited by steviewevie

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

But he doesn’t want it to be done around the events of the funeral and all the other stuff that’s gone with it … I’m gonna hold a protest on the street outside my house tonight won’t get much media attention … I can protest but only where kier thinks it’s appropriate is not free speech 

In that article he doesn’t say it shouldn’t be done around the events just be respectful.

“Obviously we have to respect the fact that some people disagree. One of the great British traditions is the ability to protest and to disagree, but I think if it can be done in the spirit of respect.

“Respect the fact that hundreds of thousands of people do want to come forward and have that moment, don’t ruin it for them.”

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

In that article he doesn’t say it shouldn’t be done around the events just be respectful.

“Obviously we have to respect the fact that some people disagree. One of the great British traditions is the ability to protest and to disagree, but I think if it can be done in the spirit of respect.

“Respect the fact that hundreds of thousands of people do want to come forward and have that moment, don’t ruin it for them.”

So please explain how you would protest around the events but be respectful? Given that people holding blank peices of paper have been arrested ? 

12 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So please explain how you would protest around the events but be respectful? Given that people holding blank peices of paper have been arrested ? 

They should protest how they have been and the Police shouldn’t have got involved. Starmer echos that essentially in the quotes I’ve provided. 

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

You've got no idea, why don't you just ban me and be done with it.

I've already requested that my profile is removed from this message board after your outrageous attempt to find out who I am through inappropriate use of an ip address.

i'm outing you ass being what you despise and you're running away, scared.

Just now, Neil said:

i'm outing you ass being what you despise and you're running away, scared.

As I said before, you haven't got a clue. I ain't running away scared. I'm disgusted that the moderator on this site should use underhand tactics to try and "out" someone, it's pathetic underhand behaviour and you should be ashamed.

The only metric under which I could possibly be called middle class is through having a good education, which I imagine applies to most if not all on this forum.

Who else have you tried to out in an aggressive manner. 

Everyone reading this should be disgusted at your behaviour.

You are an arrogant twat.

Just now, Skip997 said:

As I said before, you haven't got a clue. I ain't running away scared. I'm disgusted that the moderator on this site should use underhand tactics to try and "out" someone, it's pathetic underhand behaviour and you should be ashamed.

you should be ashamed of  being disparaging to people because they attend the same festival that you do.

Just now, Skip997 said:

The only metric under which I could possibly be called middle class is through using premium priced apple devices, and living at some hyper-expensive post codes

an

The only metric under which I could possibly be called middle class is through using premium priced apple devices, and living at some hyper-expensive post codes

Using apple products, which does not mean owning, does not make someone middle class.

You do understand that it is possible to buy second hand apple laptops at a price that is less than a new PC, the same applies to iphones. I presume you also realise that plenty of low waged people own new iphones - does that make them middle class?

I also presume you realise that post codes do not reveal an individuals address, only an area. Living in a hyper-expensive post code does not prove ownership of a property, it is possible to rent or even squat (less likely these days).

So will you stop attacking me based on something which is totally not true. You have no idea of my background or beliefs, but you do seem to have some sort of chip on your shoulder. 

19 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Using apple products, which does not mean owning, does not make someone middle class.

You do understand that it is possible to buy second hand apple laptops at a price that is less than a new PC, the same applies to iphones. I presume you also realise that plenty of low waged people own new iphones - does that make them middle class?

choosing to buy and use premium products makes you middle class, as you have excess money for more than one premium apple devices.you're being outed as being what you despise, as a consequence of what you've chosen to post here, people here are not here for your enjoyment in insulting them.

Just now, Neil said:

choosing to buy and use premium products makes you middle class, as you have excess money for more than one premium apple devices.you're being outed as being what you despise, as a consequence of what you've chosen to post here, people here are not here for your enjoyment in insulting them.

You're so unbelievably up your own arsehole I'm surprised you can talk.

I'll try once more - IT IS VERY POSSIBLE TO BUY SECOND HAND APPLE PRODUCTS VERY CHEAPLY.

You have no idea of the age or for that matter the ownership of the products I use (which does not mean own).

I've no idea why you've decided to embark on a one man crusade against someone you have never met and know virtually nothing about.

15 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

this is a blatant abuse of your position

i don't sit by and let w*nkers like you roll in to insult the people here. your own abuse counts for spomething.

Edited by Neil