news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Where ? On here or elsewhere ? You completely miss my point ?  … there may well be some people riled up on twitter about those people but it’s likely people are rilled up about just about everything on there . Answer the question …. Are you happy about the massive wealth of the royal family ? Yes or No ? 

Yes on here, take a look back at the last few pages in this thread. People are much more angry at people standing in a line than any of Truss’ Corporate Profit Protection Scheme which really does keep wealth in the energy companies at the expense of people. I look forward to you commenting on that in the next few days.

I’ve already answered that by saying if we can get rid of the Monarchy and have a system that isn’t open to abuse then we should go for it. I would have fears that if we did get rid of them their riches wouldn’t be shared round fairly.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Yes on here, take a look back at the last few pages in this thread. People are much more angry at people standing in a line than any of Truss’ Corporate Profit Protection Scheme which really does keep wealth in the energy companies at the expense of people. I look forward to you commenting on that in the next few days.

I’ve already answered that by saying if we can get rid of the Monarchy and have a system that isn’t open to abuse then we should go for it. I would have fears that if we did get rid of them their riches wouldn’t be shared round fairly.

Seriously stop telling people how they feel about things and what they are allowed to post about.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Quote one … and round in circles we go please explain how you know how angry other people are about things ? We had pages and pages about cost of living … there is even a large thread and poll about it in the glastonbury section I set up …. Today weirdly people might think talking about the royal family is also very relevant 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

can we go for the french option, please?

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Quote one … and round in circles we go please explain how you know how angry other people are about things ? We had pages and pages about cost of living … there is even a large thread and poll about it in the glastonbury section I set up …. Today weirdly people might think talking about the royal family is also very relevant 

Have a look back at the last few pages and you’ll see multiple examples of it some of which have been by yourself.

I haven’t said talking about the Royals today just about people getting riled up over people standing in a queue. Your responses indicate that was a fair assessment.

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Seriously stop telling people how they feel about things and what they are allowed to post about.

I haven’t said what people can/can’t post, only commented on how nasty some have been in here. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Have a look back at the last few pages and you’ll see multiple examples of it some of which have been by yourself.

I haven’t said talking about the Royals today just about people getting riled up over people standing in a queue. Your responses indicate that was a fair assessment.

I haven’t said what people can/can’t post, only commented on how nasty some have been in here. 

Fuck me how demeaning do you sound … 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You're constantly telling people they're angry about one thing and not about another. In reality you don't know what people feel beyond what they share here (which is a fraction of their thoughts and feelings) so just give it a rest.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You're constantly telling people they're angry about one thing and not about another. In reality you don't know what people feel beyond what they share here (which is a fraction of their thoughts and feelings) so just give it a rest.

That’s the perception that’s been given off when people have said that those standing in the queue are ‘fucking idiots’ or ‘dicks’ or something similar. Kinda seems like they are angry. I’ve said in response to just be kind and try to understand why people are doing those things. Isn’t kindness and understanding a big facet of Glastonbury Festival?

I’ll say it again, there’s nothing wrong with being angry to a certain extent but maybe a level of empathy should be the way to go.

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So who’s watching ? I’ve actually got it on as I’m intrigued … but I’ve not actually watched anything yet and have plenty of jobs on … so might well not … what time does it all finish ? 

i've got radio4 on, which i normally do when at my desk.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That’s the perception that’s been given off when people have said that those standing in the queue are ‘fucking idiots’ or ‘dicks’ or something similar. Kinda seems like they are angry. I’ve said in response to just be kind and try to understand why people are doing those things. Isn’t kindness and understanding a big facet of Glastonbury Festival?

I’ll say it again, there’s nothing wrong with being angry to a certain extent but maybe a level of empathy should be the way to go.

I'm going to give up now, just going round and round with this patronising bullshit.

Have a good day all.

3 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

We have been in the midst of that for decades mate. Thatcher started it  Blair injected it with Steroids and just carrys on sadly

hang on, you forgot the part where people like you and me, expect value for money.

12 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

We have been in the midst of that for decades mate. Thatcher started it  Blair injected it with Steroids and just carrys on sadly

True but these days it’s much more obvious, I guess with wages being so stagnant it will be like that.