news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Just another average day on here lol. @steviewevieand @Ozanneshutting down any discussion with their usual pish and howls of 'Tory', getting called out for it, Ozanne pretending he has people on ignore and Stevie pretending he is putting people back on ignore. Always enjoyable to watch. 

And Fray being a c**t

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Just another average day on here lol. @steviewevieand @Ozanneshutting down any discussion with their usual pish and howls of 'Tory', getting called out for it, Ozanne pretending he has people on ignore and Stevie pretending he is putting people back on ignore. Always enjoyable to watch. 

Sorry I had to quote your post as I have everyone on ignore and wanted to know if you were talking about me. Now you know I have everyone on ignore and I bet it eats at your very soul.

Mind you I could just use the boards as a guest 😜

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Lots are but I don't think there is anything they can do.

If they challenged and won - we would be without government for another couple of months and things would get even wore.  And it would all but end any hope of re-election.

To be honest the best thing for the country right now is GE but we won't get that.

Yeah I agree that having months with no government again would not be ideal. I guess they'll just put up and shut up then?

TBH I wouldn't be surprised to see a U-turn on the mini budget. They say they won't but they say they always won't.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I agree that having months with no government again would not be ideal. I guess they'll just put up and shut up then?

TBH I wouldn't be surprised to see a U-turn on the mini budget. They say they won't but they say they always won't.

Maybe it will be Truss' big announcement during her conference speech.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe it will be Truss' big announcement during her conference speech.

govt departments have been told to find spending cuts, austerity v2.0 because once wasn't enough.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I remember stories of the 2008 financial crash where they said government action taken by Brown/Darling had to be taken that October due to banks being hours from running out of money to fill cashpoints.

The fact it's being talked about in the same category as the collapse of Lehman Brothers and it nearly taking down the US financial services sector with it is not a good sign, either of the significance of the moment or the fact it's not even been a week since Kwarteng's statement to reach that stage.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

I remember stories of the 2008 financial crash where they said government action taken by Brown/Darling had to be taken that October due to banks being hours from running out of money to fill cashpoints.

The fact it's being talked about in the same category as the collapse of Lehman Brothers and it nearly taking down the US financial services sector with it is not a good sign, either of the significance of the moment or the fact it's not even been a week since Kwarteng's statement to reach that stage.

Plus it’s all our their own making, there’s an element of other crises that external factors played a part but this has none of that. 

7 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Straight from the Taxpayers Alliance handbook. Well done Liz your parents must be proud.

Oh shit they're not.

There’s nothing left for them to cut unless they just get rid of thing’s completely. 

Yet another post completely off topic and personal by him.

Fraybentos has prior of bullying people off this forum. He hounded Festival Jamie off the forum a couple of years ago and was given a warning by Neil for his actions. He’s not a nice person.