news & politics:discussion

zahidf

26 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Pretty sure most of the tory mps outside of the cabinet are crying that Truss made it to the final two. Fools.

Given she spent most of the MP ballot section polling behind Sunak and Mourdant, and polled poorly when the public watched their larger debates, I'm surprised so many were willing to swing behind Truss. Maybe the fan service being offered was too potent to ignore in the moment.

59 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it's really grim in here at the moment. I guess that pretty much matches the news.

I mean if I wanted partisan bickering about the world, there's always Twitter, or at least the YouTube comments on any politics video. But then maybe that's just where we are right now.

Edited by charlierc

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

I mean if I wanted partisan bickering about the world, there's always Twitter, or at least the YouTube comments on any politics video. But then maybe that's just where we are right now.

YouTube comments sections are the worst, some of the stuff there is awful 😬

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

,,,and are people really not expecting some arguing and bickering on a politics thread?

No, they aren’t expecting that.

See what I did there… 😉

33 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Liz Truss doing round of interviews on local radio this morning, kind of weird...maybe she thinks they won't ask her any difficult questions...maybe she just wants to talk to local people...a local radio station for local people.

Was just on BBC breakfast, I didn't catch it just saw her. 

BBCNottingham nailing Truss on this being a "reverse Robin Hood" Budget cos wealthiest benefit disproportionately.

Truss: "That simply isn't true""

Sarah Julian: "Which bit isn't true?"

Truss:....changes subject.

“Are you ashamed of what you’ve done?“ 🔥🔥🔥 from BBC Radio Kent.

Liz Truss says Britain was facing rising inflation. Presenter says “and you’ve made it worse.”

Live on BBC Radio Leeds: “I would like to ask the prime minister, when will I ever feel hope again?”