news & politics:discussion

zahidf

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It’s worth remembering that Kantar don’t include ‘don’t knows’ so this is like the Opinium polls. Plus fieldwork was started before the budget. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

How long do you think she and Kwasi have? Boris already prepping his return?

Depends how long this instability goes on for I guess.

As for Boris...who knows? Membership like him, but what about MPs...maybe they would if polling indicated they could win next election with him back as leader.

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

So, can a general election be called or do we have these fun and games until 2024?

Oh yeah a general election can be called if the PM wants one, it falls under royal prerogative again.

However given the state of the polls it’s unlikely the PM will chose to do that so currently the next election isn’t till Jan 2025.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

If we do get growth of 2%+ in the next few years Truss will be able to do a massive told you so to all those doomster lefty remainer economists in the city and IMF etc.

But will they apologise again?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10884632/Do-I-have-to-go-on-my-knees-grovelling-apology-from-IMF-head-for-incorrect-warnings-on-UK-economy.html

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

If we do get growth of 2%+ in the next few years Truss will be able to do a massive told you so to all those doomster lefty remainer economists in the city and IMF etc.

That’s purely a hypothetical as so much can happen and besides peoples personal finances might be impacted so negatively by then that growth of any % won’t matter.  

22 minutes ago, lost said:

Probably.

I wonder if Truss or Kwarteng will apologise if it all goes tits up forever more because of their little experiment.