news & politics:discussion

zahidf

In the end any growh will likely be caused by what is going on internationally, not by what Kwarteng or Truss have done...but if they do get 2.5% growth they will do a massive told you so until the cows come home.

The main thing IMF were worried about was not UK growth, but a big economy like ours doing stupid fucking things in an already unstable international economic situation.

As always, take a look at your local newspaper’s Facebook page to see how people are viewing all this outside our bubble.

Mine is mainly negative (like they’ve only just realised what these Tories are like…) but with increasing support for them as ‘the pound is now stronger than it was before the mini budget and it shows that Liz and Kwasi know how the markets work…’.

8 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

As always, take a look at your local newspaper’s Facebook page to see how people are viewing all this outside our bubble.

Mine is mainly negative (like they’ve only just realised what these Tories are like…) but with increasing support for them as ‘the pound is now stronger than it was before the mini budget and it shows that Liz and Kwasi know how the markets work…’.

maybe tell them the BoE saved their asses.

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I also had a thought how people will react when they get their first pay packets with the NI and income tax cuts.

12 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Take a look at the Daily Mail comments section, it’s been a bonfire for Truss in there. She’s completely blown it.