news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Me whole life for the last 2 years has been building up to that poll.

In Sir Keir we trust. Labour were 20 points down in early 2020.

Can I marry a poll?

(yes I might be slightly hyperbolic.)

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

If we do get growth of 2%+ in the next few years Truss will be able to do a massive told you so to all those doomster lefty remainer economists in the city and IMF etc.

Isnt some growth likely based on regression to the mean? Interestingly the new message seems to be the tax cuts are only a small part of a mini budget dominated by the energy cap. I would argue that the potential money (if you believe it which I don't) from cutting the tax is also relatively small and not worth the political hit which shows their naivety.

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Isnt some growth likely based on regression to the mean? Interestingly the new message seems to be the tax cuts are only a small part of a mini budget dominated by the energy cap. I would argue that the potential money (if you believe it which I don't) from cutting the tax is also relatively small and not worth the political hit which shows their naivety.

I recommend that video I posted earlier...just the main bit where Torsten Bell does this thing...

It all comes down to confidence...and that budget shattered it.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

In the end any growh will likely be caused by what is going on internationally, not by what Kwarteng or Truss have done...but if they do get 2.5% growth they will do a massive told you so until the cows come home.

The main thing IMF were worried about was not UK growth, but a big economy like ours doing stupid fucking things in an already unstable international economic situation.

NY crashing the economy they might get some growth

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It all comes down to confidence...and that budget shattered it.

The pound is now back above where it was when the budget took place.

Even the the budget may of got the wrong headlines I would think the tories are thinking for their “Singapore on Thames” plan to work where we can start stealing investment from Europe the top rate of tax needs to be below the French 

4 minutes ago, lost said:

The pound is now back above where it was when the budget took place.

Even the the budget may of got the wrong headlines I would think the tories are thinking for their “Singapore on Thames” plan to work where we can start stealing investment from Europe the top rate of tax needs to be below the French 

in your wet sdp dreams maybe.

if weren't for boe qe pound would be a nickel or two by now.