news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, steviewevie said:

no, just not shit loads of unfunded tax cuts. A bigger state, more equal society, more sexy scandinavian, more awesome.

pointing out that the uk lies about spending while keeping quiet about the snp  only exposes the hypocrisy.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

no, just not shit loads of unfunded tax cuts. A bigger state, more equal society, more sexy scandinavian, more awesome.

so why haven't the snp done the Scandinavian thing  under devolution? they've been more new-labour than blair. not a jot of left-wing, they'd rather spend money on a vanity contest than help scots with the cost of living right now.

36 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

some people probably thought same when Ireland did it.

today Ireland is more economically dependant on the EU than Scotland is on the UK. there'll be little EU money for Scotland the days of EU largesse are over.

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Anyway, don't think they'll get referendum granted, so maybe it will end up in courts...

its in the courts already the courts is the only way theyre getting the ref.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Bristol??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

- has had better majors - the place at the forefront of democratic change  (1838 reforms; look it up: race relations act, google 'roy hacket', the best geezer you've never heard of)

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Truss says no to austerity...so...err...unless they're uturning on the tax cuts I guess fuck the OBR and the markets and let's just hope this Growth thing works....

Is she PM purely so she can be an agent of chaos?

I'm scratching my head trying to understand this shit. So, she ran on tax cuts, which means it would be beyond humiliating to uturn on those (and the tory party would tear her/itself apart) and would leave her with nothing left to talk about...but there's no time for the green shoots of growth to emerge to prove her right before the halloween OBR drop, by which time the markets will have savaged us with decades worth of monumental debt.

And then I read that the BoE let govt know early this morning the substance of below...and afterwards the cabinet didn't even discuss it <sigh>.

12 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Is she PM purely so she can be an agent of chaos?

I'm scratching my head trying to understand this shit. So, she ran on tax cuts, which means it would be beyond humiliating to uturn on those (and the tory party would tear her/itself apart) and would leave her with nothing left to talk about...but there's no time for the green shoots of growth to emerge to prove her right before the halloween OBR drop, by which time the markets will have savaged us with decades worth of monumental debt.

And then I read that the BoE let govt know early this morning the substance of below...and afterwards the cabinet didn't even discuss it <sigh>.

I guess saying austerity doesn't sound good...whereas efficiency savings sounds like should be ok. Might have to be a lot of these savings though.