news & politics:discussion

zahidf

15 minutes ago, lost said:

Think they also "spent" the 45p one on a load of extra nurses and doctors for the NHS rather than reducing the deficit when they were planning to reverse it.

I don't think it will be remembered though. people will remember the Tories u-turn. Looks like the pensions triple lock in under threat today. 

yes, focus isn't on Labour of course...but eventually they will be asked about tax, spending, borrowing etc., and they will have to show that they know what they're doing...especially now with all this hoohaa.

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You must be happy about that seeing as you aren’t keen on people being supported. 

Well they were the people we were protecting with the "you can rebuild the economy you can't bring people back to life" mantra. Seems fair they should contribute something whilst we re-build the economy I guess.

2 minutes ago, lost said:

Well they were the people we were protecting with the "you can rebuild the economy you can't bring people back to life" mantra. Seems fair they should contribute something whilst we re-build the economy I guess.

It doesn’t surprise me that you don’t want pensioners to be supported.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Its the people who supported the tory lockdowns who wanted this.

12 minutes ago, lost said:

It’s the people who supported the tory lockdowns who wanted this.

Ok then if you say so. I hope you start to show some level of care for others one day. 

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Oh right. 

Well isn't that what "You can repair the economy you can't bring people back to life" means? I'm prepared to suffer long term economic harm for potentially less people dying in the short term.

Though we all knew the people saying that would develop amnesia after covid.

Anyway we will see how much appetite the markets have for that covid debt from next month:

Edited by lost

3 minutes ago, lost said:

Well isn't that what "You can repair the economy you can't bring people back to life" means? I'm prepared to suffer long term economic harm for potentially less people dying in the short term.

I see you are one of them, it explains a lot. Say hi to Lawrence Fox.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I see you are one of them, it explains a lot. Say hi to Lawrence Fox.

Well life isn't suddenly all lollypops and blowjobs 6 months after Starmer gets in your melt down here is going to be hilarious 😆

20 minutes ago, lost said:

Anyway we will see how much appetite the markets have for that covid debt from next month:

There are ways of repairing the economy from a short term shock, but the govt went and buggered about with funky ideas that no one trusted and are now desperate not to upset the bond market any more hence all the potential spending cuts.

Edited by steviewevie

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

There are ways of repairing the economy froma short term shock, but the govt went and buggered about with funky ideas that no one trustrd and are now desperate not to upset the bond market any more hence all the potential spending cuts.

Its growth, spending cuts or tax rises. I agree about the growth, the levels required are not really ever seen in mature fully developed economies.

6 minutes ago, lost said:

Well life isn't suddenly all lollypops and blowjobs 6 months after Starmer gets in your melt down here is going to be hilarious 😆

It’s gonna take a lot longer than 6 months for Labour to fix the mess your lot have left behind.

I see you are one of those people that didn’t care about others in the pandemic either. Very on brand for you. 

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

At what point should pensioner benefits be considered for cuts?

Bearing in mind literally everything else has been cut over the last 12 years while the richest generation have continued to rise above inflation.

2 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

At what point should pensioner benefits be considered for cuts?

Bearing in mind literally everything else has been cut over the last 12 years while the richest generation have continued to rise above inflation.

Yep the triple lock is a dog shit policy. Ozanne will put his fingers in his ears and call you a tory tho if you dare question his wisdom.

9 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yep the triple lock is a dog shit policy. Ozanne will put his fingers in his ears and call you a tory tho if you dare question his wisdom.

It's a massive vote winner, but if centre left people in their 20s and 30s won't question it, who will?

4 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

It's a massive vote winner, but if centre left people in their 20s and 30s won't question it, who will?

I mean that's just it aye, pensioners are the ones who vote. I am not for one second saying that all pensioners have it easy, but generally they are very comfortably off and on good workplace pensions. My Gran was a primary teacher which is obv a kinda average paying job. She is now 90 odd and gets more per month (inc. state pension) than I do from working full time. 

Young people are getting fucked over. Awful house prices, wage stagnation for years, dying planet etc. I wish more of us actually voted lol