news & politics:discussion

zahidf

13 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

What's the excuse for this? Presumably Labour's huge lead in the polls would evaporate if starmer didn't say that asylum seekers should be GPS tracked

no point gps taagging people without enough old bill to chase them down.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

well...if not going to build more houses just have to hope either the economy crashes or loads of people die before they become affordable for first time buyers...

The Tories don’t care about the housing crises because this way they can force people into rental accommodation paying over the odds in rent. 

9 hours ago, lost said:

The 20% falls in house prices that some are forecasting should help the housing crisis.

not round here where houses go for £50k above asking price.

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

What is the point of twitter having a limit on the number of characters in a tweet if it can be then extended into a multi tweet diatribe? Even more relevant. What is the point in having an account on here if all you can do is post other peoples opinions? Get some arguments of your own. This is efestivals, if I wanted to view tweets I could be on twitter, but I don't.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

What is the point of twitter having a limit on the number of characters in a tweet if it can be then extended into a multi tweet diatribe? Even more relevant. What is the point in having an account on here if all you can do is post other peoples opinions? Get some arguments of your own. This is efestivals, if I wanted to view tweets I could be on twitter, but I don't.

Someone’s in a bad mood this evening, why don’t you go back to posting Covid conspiracy theory nonsense again. 

7 hours ago, gizmoman said:

I mean...twitter threads are a feature of twitter, they could have a link to an article in there, or a thread. I think people don't mind threads, I think they're a good thing, you don't have to click on them, bring it up with Elon maybe? And as for opinions, this is Peston saying what he thinks is behind the govt strategy, and Peston talks to people and knows stuff that we don't, so a more informed opinion, and is interesting.  Don't you post youtube videos of people from GB news or a Corbyn interview and expect people to watch them?