news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Why have you posted the same sarcastic messages 3 times in the space of about 20 minutes? We get it, you think the Tories get an easy ride in the media and get away with a lot. 95% of people here agree with you, so I don't really understand the need to keep up with the sarcastic posts when no one is claiming any different?

Why must you again comment on the nature of my posts and not comment on the what the government are doing?

I’m just agreeing with the majority right wing view in this thread about the strikers. 

Edited by Ozanne

58 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its all changing and we are doing a terrible job at changing with it.

Yes you do need to accept being poorer and decisions like Brexit have only sped it up.

Indeed. We've basically been in decline since WWII and the break up of the empire with two slight up ticks due to discovering north sea oil and then building a financial services based economy pre-2008.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Why must you again comment on the nature of my posts and not comment on the what the government are doing?

I’m just agreeing with the majority right wing view in this thread about the strikers. 

Because you are posting the same thing over and over without actually commenting about the strikes. I agree with and support the strikes. Where has the "majority right wing view" in the thread come from? I can't see it. 

This is my point, let’s all be happy being poorer and frankly anyone that tries to be better off is just selfish and getting in the way. We’ve been on this trend since the end of the 100 year war so we might as well just accept it. 

Just now, hodgey123 said:

Because you are posting the same thing over and over without actually commenting about the strikes. I agree with and support the strikes. Where has the "majority right wing view" in the thread come from? I can't see it. 

I didn’t realise you were in charge of what I post. I’m just agreeing with the majority here now. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is my point, let’s all be happy being poorer and frankly anyone that tries to be better off is just selfish and getting in the way. We’ve been on this trend since the end of the 100 year war so we might as well just accept it. 

No one is saying that. Supporting strikes is in direct conflict to "let's all be happy being poorer". The media are trying to pit people against strikers as you have said, but as discussed earlier on this thread that does not appear to be working and broad support for strikes remains high (for now). 

Just now, Ozanne said:

I didn’t realise you were in charge of what I post. I’m just agreeing with the majority here now. 

Again nothing substantive added, another sarcastic comment and no support for "majority". You do you, I am just curious what value you feel you are adding to this thread by posting sarcasm for the sake of it.

3 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Again nothing substantive added, another sarcastic comment and no support for "majority". You do you, I am just curious what value you feel you are adding to this thread by posting sarcasm for the sake of it.

I mean you haven’t added anything substantive, you’ve just moaned about me posting 3 times, so you can’t really talk about substance.

Come on now let’s focus on those strikers wanting to be less poor, rather than focussing on me but you do you. 

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

sometimes a repetitive nature can come across badly .... as you very well know when the torys roll out the same stock answers to questions .... vaccine rollout , war in ukraine etc etc ,

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

...also a massive vote winner....who gives a fuck about nurses pay...stop those bloody Albanians coming in!

We’ve been on this trend since the Franco-Prussian War with too many Albanians coming in. This will go down well.