news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I am a lovely time?

Nah, grim as fuck. I drink loads and consume loads all year so just feels no different.

Anyway, I guess there are some reasons to be cheerful...no more Boris or Truss or Trump or Bolsonaro . Hopefully next year Putin will be gone too.

Quite a few in the Tory party are clamouring for Johnson to come back and maybe they’ll look to move against Sunak after the local elections. But yeah we have definitely made progress with the populist leaders leaving office. 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

cant see it getting worse for them than now opinion wise ... probably get a few more scandals thrown in but if people haven't worked out the levels of corruption by now i guess they wont ... 

yeah, who knows. Look where we were two years ago...so anything can and will happen. I don't think everything is suddenly going to feel great though...most people are going to be poorer...quite hard to win an election with that as backdrop.

On 12/27/2022 at 4:49 PM, clarkete said:

Dripping with irony... 

"Piers Morgan’s Twitter account abuses queen and Ed Sheeran in apparent hack" 

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2022/dec/27/piers-morgan-twitter-account-hacked-say-reports 

gutted for him ... must be awful to get things hacked like that 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

so whats the latest date for a General Election ? is it really another 2 years of this lot ? im amazed that they are still in power but I guess thats the system we have ... 

i think its early 2025. 😞 

On 12/24/2022 at 1:28 PM, steviewevie said:

Really don't see the big deal here. It would be worse if he just assumed the guy had no skills and was intending to live on the street for the rest of his life. 

Should sunak have made small talk with the guy about sleeping bags?