Download 2023

Having my first crack at something like this, so...

Thursday

Apex: Metallica / Alter Bridge / Halestorm
Opus: Five Finger Death Punch
Avalanche: Jinjer
Dogtooth: Perturbator

Friday

Apex: Bring Me the Horizon / Architects / Pendulum
Opus: Evanescence / Within Temptation / Carpenter Brut
Avalanche: Neck Deep
Dogtooth: VV

Saturday

Apex: Metallica / Disturbed / Clutch
Opus: Placebo / Alexisonfire / Coheed and Cambria
Avalanche: Simple Plan
Dogtooth: Ice Nine Kills

Sunday

Apex: Slipknot / Parkway Drive / Behemoth
Opus: Ghost / I Prevail / Hatebreed
Avalanche: The Distillers
Dogtooth: Electric Callboy

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

PSA, it really is selling out. Can't buy 5 day camping tickets right now where others are working fine. Some resales on 4 day and quiet/eco. Camping+ is still there (100 extra for private campsite, showers, toilets)

Will need to nail down which day I'm off to sooner rather than later then.

Hopefully it nearing selling out means it’s moving in the right direction booking-wise, though I’m not convinced. I suppose Metallica X2 has a lot to do with it. Notwithstanding that, there’s a lot more smaller bands this year that I’m interested in and surprised they’ve been booked compared to other years. 

Edited by FeverDream

1 hour ago, FeverDream said:

Hopefully it nearing selling out means it’s moving in the right direction booking-wise, though I’m not convinced. I suppose Metallica X2 has a lot to do with it. Notwithstanding that, there’s a lot more smaller bands this year that I’m interested in and surprised they’ve been booked compared to other years. 

It's official now. Metallica will be the main reason but it's the best overall lineup the festival's had in years, 2019 aside (went for one band) I haven't bought a weekend ticket in a decade because it's been so stale. This year's amazing, I think someone pointed out that Metallica are the only band formed before the 90s 

Capture.PNG

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

Are all the logo slots filled now? So definitely no Limp Bizkit/Turnstile/Sum 41 to be announced in the future?

It's a weird one given the new poster format, apparently Andy's said that it looks that way because otherwise the logos would be too small. Chatting directly out of his arse given the Hellfest poster 😄

But yeah I wouldn't expect many new acts at all especially the size of LB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

It's a weird one given the new poster format, apparently Andy's said that it looks that way because otherwise the logos would be too small. Chatting directly out of his arse given the Hellfest poster 😄

Haha yeah that Hellfest one is absolutely stacked with logos!

Was going to sell my LB Birmingham tickets if they got added but never mind.

3 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

Are all the logo slots filled now? So definitely no Limp Bizkit/Turnstile/Sum 41 to be announced in the future?

Based on the full line-up from last year (and assuming maybe 5 bands per stage on the Thursday) there are 15-20 bands left to announce.

Saturday subheadliner feels like the biggest missing slot but Thursday and Sunday are also probably short 1 decent size band each.

I’ve had a go at sorting the acts into stages: 

Metallica / Alter Bridge / Halestorm / Mammoth WVH 

Five Finger Death Punch / Jinjer 

The Bronx 

Perturbator

Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Pendulum / Neck Deep / Asking Alexandria / The Blackout / Nova Twins 

Evanescence / Within Temptation 

Carpenter Brut 

Ville Valo 

Metallica / ??? /  Disturbed/ Clutch / Motionless In White / Bad Wolves / Municipal Waste 

Placebo / Alexisonfire / Coheed and Cambria

Simple Plan 

Ice Nine Kills 

Slipknot / Parkway Drive / I Prevail / Behemoth / Avatar / Lorna Shore / Bloodywood

Ghost / The Distillers / ??? 

Electric Callboy

Hatebreed 

If there is a Saturday sub to come, I think it will either be Bullet For My Valentine, Judas Priest or Pantera (yep). 

Ice Nine Kills headlining fourth seems off to me because they’re surely too big for that but I can’t see many other places they’d fit if they’re in the top section of larger font acts. If there is no Saturday sub to come, shift everyone up one and have them 4th down Main under Metallica, Disturbed and Clutch. I think that could be the more likely scenario. 

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

I'm going with the theory it's that they still have a number of logo and main stage acts to book. 

7 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I'm going with the theory it's that they still have a number of logo and main stage acts to book. 

I think that's wishful thinking given how stacked it already is, Saturday sub I can see as Disturbed really shouldn't be there, but beyond that we're running out of spaces for bigger names

28 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I think that's wishful thinking given how stacked it already is, Saturday sub I can see as Disturbed really shouldn't be there, but beyond that we're running out of spaces for bigger names

If they’re in need of a sub, I can’t see them forking out any extra cash to get someone else in, especially seeing how the festival has sold out now. Shifting Disturbed, a legacy band who will pull a massive crowd anyway, one slot up makes sense to me. 

Metallica / Disturbed / Clutch / Ice Nine Kills 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

If they’re in need of a sub, I can’t see them forking out any extra cash to get someone else in, especially seeing how the festival has sold out now. Shifting Disturbed, a legacy band who will pull a massive crowd anyway, one slot up makes sense to me. 

Metallica / Disturbed / Clutch / Ice Nine Kills 

How about Metallica / Disturbed / Alexisonfire / Coheed / Ice Nine Kills on main

Placebo / Clutch / Three Days Grace on second?

3 hours ago, callum97 said:

had a go at creating as nice poster for you all instead of that mess of a poster, probs got a good chunk wrong but yeah here you go...

download 2023 feb.png

I'm still worried about the likely clash between Friday's main and second stage. Means I'll have to make some tough choices.

6 hours ago, BenG92 said:

As far as I'm aware they have deliberately avoided specifying who is playing what stage so far. And as I pointed out Behemoth are bolded whereas first poster they were non-logo. Saturday sub as Disturbed sure but can see third down being Lamb Of God and third down Fri or Sun being Gojira or another 'big name'. Thursday I think Jinjer are probably main stage 4th and Perturbator headlining 4th but that leaves room for a decent sized 2nd stage sub. 

Hatebeed, Coheed, Ice Nine Kills all same text size as Behemoth, who first poster says are not a logo band. Ergo all these guesses trying to fit them into logo slots may be missing the mark. Wouldn't be surprised if Clutch are also just main stage slots and not logo. It actually looks like we are missing alot of main stage bands 

RE: the possibility of them adding some big/sub level bands, the moment they announced that this would be a four day thing I kind of expected that they’d cut a corner here and there by bumping up a couple of acts, and it seems like that’s probably what’s happened with Disturbed. Maybe there’s a chance somebody gets added - that’d be ace, especially somebody like Limp Bizkit - but I think Disturbed could easily just pass as a sub without many people batting an eye. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

RE: the possibility of them adding some big/sub level bands, the moment they announced that this would be a four day thing I kind of expected that they’d cut a corner here and there by bumping up a couple of acts, and it seems like that’s probably what’s happened with Disturbed. Maybe there’s a chance somebody gets added - that’d be ace, especially somebody like Limp Bizkit - but I think Disturbed could easily just pass as a sub without many people batting an eye. 

I'd have assumed Disturbed were probably sub-level anyway? Have I just gauged it wrong?