The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Every year, I say I'm not going to look here. Every year, I log on before June and look and start panicking for no good reason.

It's known to all in our friendship circle that whatever the weather is in Liverpool on 31st May is what the weather for Glastonbury will be. It's saying 14 and scattered showers so we'll be putting that one down as an urban myth. 

I arrived it France on Saturday.  Weather was looking good barring the Thursday when it was meant to have thunderstorms and rain all day.  Have woke up this morning and Thursday is meant to now be 25 and sunny!

We’ll be fine, loads of time for change, it’s going to be factor 50 on my bald head!

Weekly MetCheck update. 3 weeks till departure. This is the last of the long range updates. Next weeks one will be using the more accurate forecasting. 

It’s looking a little scary.

Too many people wanting cold weather. Looks like you’ve got your wish 😡

3FF4C48C-9BA4-4515-A120-1439620E5C5D.thumb.jpeg.0de805d01dd141fb0e0b59f411eb61c9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Weekly MetCheck update. 3 weeks till departure. This is the last of the long range updates. Next weeks one will be using the more accurate forecasting. 

3FF4C48C-9BA4-4515-A120-1439620E5C5D.thumb.jpeg.0de805d01dd141fb0e0b59f411eb61c9.jpeg

Nah, wall to wall sunshine. 

16 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Yay, nice and cold

15 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

Why do people want cold weather?

They don’t understand the pleasures of sitting in the blazing sun with a cold pint. 

What they also don’t understand is that cooler weather tends to bring more unsettled weather and the dreaded rain. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

Could you try answering that again please with a bit more context, cheers

It was really hot and Glastonbury isn't exactly great for shade. The festival wasn't exactly geared up for the combination of that weather plus a ban on single-use plastics, so water refill points were extremely overcrowded.

That said, I would take 2019 over a muddy year every time and then some. Hot/dry will always trump wet weather. How anyone can complain is beyond me.