The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Yeah, outlook for this coming week has also improved on the BBC. 

Ventusky currently showing it being completely dry on the Tuesday/Wednesday with a bit of rain coming in late on Thursday and out of the way by lunchtime Friday.  I'd take 2009 weather in a heartbeat, what rain there was had zero impact on the music days as it stopped raining when the stages opened on Friday and didn't rain again til they'd closed on the Sunday night.

1 hour ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Tuesday 14 Jun - Thursday 23 Jun

1. At the start of this period, changeable conditions with spells of rain or showers are expected in northern and western regions of the UK. The south and southeast should stay mainly dry with some lengthy sunny periods, but some rain is possible here too. Temperatures trending close to average, perhaps slightly below average in the northwest and warming up across the south. Further into the period, the most likely scenario is a southwest-northeast split in weather patterns across the country. This would favour fine and dry weather across southern and southwestern parts of the UK, while the north, and especially the northeast, will remain cloudier and breezier with showers or spells of rain. Towards the end of the period, the weather is likely to become more unsettled for most again.

Friday 24 Jun - Friday 8 Jul

Approaching the end of June, there is a chance for above average rainfall for most at first. However, rainfall and temperature will likely trend closer to average as we head into July.

That would be fantastic is the festival was next week or in July.

Told myself to stay away from this thread… However I’ve managed to get myself into an absolute frenzy researching walking boots last night and a trip into my town centre this afternoon with no great choice. Full on panic mode for my first Glastonbury has commenced! 

Zero work getting done the rest of today. 

15 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Whilst we look like heading into low pressure the week leading into the festival, that doesn’t always lead to much rainfall, and likewise high pressure can lead to festival-ruining thunderstorms. The BBC (who are usually fairly pessimistic on their forecasts), are interpreting it as anything  other than a slight drop in temperature 

48589AC8-CA27-4A20-B1C8-D07272532F05.jpeg

this keeps coming up...apparently BBC forecast is only 10 days, after that it's based on historical average (although saying that those days were showing temps of 19/12 earlier...so not sure now...)

4 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Told myself to stay away from this thread… However I’ve managed to get myself into an absolute frenzy researching walking boots last night and a trip into my town centre this afternoon with no great choice. Full on panic mode for my first Glastonbury has commenced! 

just order some from sports direct or sportshoes.com...don't need to be the most expensive ones..

2 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

If you don't get them soon, you won't have chance to break them in before the festival.  Don't ever take brand new footwear to the festival.  Your feet will be murder.

5 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Yeah 2014 was shite because it rained a lot during the festival. First two days were rather nice if I remember rightly.

2014 is the poster child for the drainage enhancements meaning it can cope with a stage shutting thunderstorm and still not turn into a mudbath for the rest of the weekend.

• Upvote 1