Beer Prices

Barneym

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Two pages and only two proper breweries have been mentioned, one by me.

Cloudwater have some lovely beers albeit they're incredibly overpriced over this side of the Irish sea.

Would be a great addition to Glasto though.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

I think we’re managing expectations. 😉 But go on then, if we’re having a wishlist then would love to see some Whiplash or Azvex there. 

(Realistically if I got on the IPAs and DIPAs I normally enjoy at the festival it would not end well. 😂 But one or two would be nice.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

That's because any mention of a "proper brewery" here is largely wishful thinking - it's Glastonbury, so (with the exception of a couple of the taps at the Bimble Inn) the beer choices are going to be whatever Carlsberg decide they want on sale.

4 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

I think we’re managing expectations. 😉 But go on then, if we’re having a wishlist then would love to see some Whiplash or Azvex there. 

(Realistically if I got on the IPAs and DIPAs I normally enjoy at the festival it would not end well. 😂 But one or two would be nice.)

7 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

Cloudwater have some lovely beers albeit they're incredibly overpriced over this side of the Irish sea.

Would be a great addition to Glasto though.

I’ll probably bring my own stash of Cloudwater. I think I’ve also got a box of some cheap but horrifically out of date Beer52 odds and sods that I was planning to take in 2020.

Alpha Delta, Overtone would good for some session TIPAs. Arbor for the pint cans. Depending on what day I arrive, I might have to bring some Polish beers instead - Pinta, Funky Fluid, Ziemia Obeciana.

Oh, I’d be happy with a Guinness!

Edited by fightoffyour

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Why are the bars that sell decent stuff always fucking miles from where you need them to be?!?

True that. 

Although trying to find them sounds like a great excuse for a bimble around the site on Weds & Thurs… who knows what else you’ll come across. 😄

Just now, jimmillen said:

True that. 

Although trying to find them sounds like a great excuse for a bimble around the site on Weds & Thurs… who knows what else you’ll come across. 😄

Somebody posted a great plan for a pub crawl around the site a few years back.

Me and my mates tried it one Thursday but the Stonebridge was about #3 on our list and we never got any further.

36 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Well I mentioned 3, can't see you finding Cloudwater on site. Just as I'm not expecting to find Brew York, Northern Monk, Wylam and Vocation on tap. Really can't see a Northern brewer setting up shop at Glastonbury.

2 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

Well I mentioned 3, can't see you finding Cloudwater on site. Just as I'm not expecting to find Brew York, Northern Monk, Wylam and Vocation on tap. Really can't see a Northern brewer setting up shop at Glastonbury.

Verdant more in the right direction, albeit a lot further southwest. 

I am shamefully ignorant of Somerset breweries, surely there must be one or two… Or do the rules say you can only make cider? 🙂

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I hope they look at the drink offering, most other festivals have really started to work on it. 

the food offering is really good shame about the booze. 

I agree with the main bars but lots of little bars dotted all over doing all sorts of nice things to look out for.

5 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

I agree with the main bars but lots of little bars dotted all over doing all sorts of nice things to look out for.

Understand why they are tied with a major brewery due to the size of event but I’m sure they can get some better options. 

I think I tried a few smaller bars in 2019 but they had ran out of what I wanted. 

35 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

They used to sell Belgium beer in the Theatre field I seem to remember but not in 2019 however. Maybe this year.

This is what I came here to read/check - never seen this or ventured to T&C Fields for a drink, but I'm sure I read on here that Grimbergen Blonde was sold at GF. One of my favourite ales. Despise lager, love a good cider (if only Aspalls was sold in cans).

£6 will be about right. 

18 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

To compare, this is the price list and options from the MAIN bar at Bearded Theory last time around. You can also take own drinks to the stages.

57194589_2283485221731094_935762022476283904_n.jpg

That’s really reasonably priced too. 
I’m a lager drinker though, so would be stuffed if I didn’t like the Helles or standard lager. Probably would like the Helles though! 

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

Verdant more in the right direction, albeit a lot further southwest. 

I am shamefully ignorant of Somerset breweries, surely there must be one or two… Or do the rules say you can only make cider? 🙂

The best beer I had over Christmas was a Bristol brewery, it was delicious

New Bristol Brewing Co - Super Deluxe Brown Sugar Stout

• Upvote 1