Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

Based on the rumours and 2019 times you’ll have over an hour between them

this is acceptable to me. get a good spot for diana and i should be able to still get a descent spot for sam fender

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

this is acceptable to me. get a good spot for diana and i should be able to still get a descent spot for sam fender

Enough time for a wee too!

Not enough time for a drink though.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Oh I thought the Sunday was a lock

We may have heard something else since which I’ve forgotten/missed, to be fair. But I don’t think the guy who gave us the info initially ever expanded on whether he meant the Sunday, specifically.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sam Fenders debut is close to a no skip album.

When I put it on I often find myself listening to the whole thing in succession.

I find it incredible that this is something worth calling out. Not having a go at you here Matt, I get it that this is how people consume music now but I still very rarely skip a song on an album.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

We may have heard something else since which I’ve forgotten/missed, to be fair. But I don’t think the guy who gave us the info initially ever expanded on whether he meant the Sunday, specifically.

The person said in the exact spot Billie played so I took that as 3rd Down Other Sunday.

No idea if it’s true though

17 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I find it incredible that this is something worth calling out. Not having a go at you here Matt, I get it that this is how people consume music now but I still very rarely skip a song on an album.   

Do you not put songs you like in a playlist and shuffle? Do you listen to albums back to front all the time?

17 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm the same as you. I mostly listen to albums and don't often skip. I know what he means though. I don't often skip but a great album with really great songs is still rare. Usually there's some filler. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do you not put songs you like in a playlist and shuffle? Do you listen to albums back to front all the time?

I literally only listen to albums back to front, but then I’m probably the minority these days. The idea of an album being a full work is something I enjoy a lot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I literally only listen to albums back to front, but then I’m probably the minority these days. The idea of an album being a full work is something I enjoy a lot.

Yep I was helping someone out with their uni dissertation recently and when I said I only use playlists for Glastonbury line up or when I used to go running she was amazed. Other than that I create playlists of albums that I want to listen to or listen to the radio. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

To be fair I have absolutely no idea how big he is in 2022 outside of Scotland 

Local TV news is saying he sold out in Bristol last time he played, he as a new album coming too. 

Does this War on Drugs Bristol Monday announcement mean we think they will be added to Glasto lineup later at some point ? Or have they been ruled out prior?

just had a glance at their tour dates and doesn’t appear any clash on the weekend.

might have asked to be kept off poster to sell own gig tickets first ? 
also if added where do we think they would place ?

52 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I do have a few playlists but they are generally one of three things:

1. Festival playlists or ones people have made as an introduction to an act or a genre with the hope of finding stuff I like, if I do find an act I like, I'll seek out their albums.
  2. Party playlists, stuff to have on if we have people round
  3. My monster playlist that has one song off every album I own. I stick this on shuffle but it often leads to reminding me of a great album that I then stick on.

"This bloke is so good, I almost list to his whole album" is alien to me but I get that many, many people do the same as you.

Listening to an actual album on shuffle sets my teeth on edge. I sometimes do it by mistake, it's horrible.

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Do you guys really have that many perfect albums? I find most have at least a couple duff songs I'd rather skip.

Being the hipster/old git I am, I mostly listen on vinyl. Skipping a song is more hassle than it's worth. If you keep skipping sons, you'll never learn to love them.

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Do you guys really have that many perfect albums? I find most have at least a couple duff songs I'd rather skip.

Personally if it's an album I want to listen to then it's rare that I'll skip tracks. Wouldn't call them perfect by any stretch, but they make it the total package.  I'm sure there'll be some albums where that's the case, but if I'm skipping tracks then chances are I prefer the songs to the album, in which case they go in a playlist.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

No of course they're not perfect but they are the albums. By the same token I don't have that many albums that I really like where I hate some of the tracks enough that I'd want to skip one.