Resale Odds

leonaves

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Don't understand why that would make any difference old son.. Personally 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It’s a distraction old son.

image.jpeg.3a2ee50c4ed140c4b4e4663904a9ff7a.jpeg                   I will be going round my Mums on the 27th in distraction 

Does anyone know if there's a difference between how many tickets you can buy in the coach resale vs the GA resale? Watching this screen recording from 2017:

(jump to 4 minutes) and it looks like the coach might be only two tickets, even though the GA tickets are supposed to be 4.

4 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Does anyone know if there's a difference between how many tickets you can buy in the coach resale vs the GA resale? Watching this screen recording from 2017:

(jump to 4 minutes) and it looks like the coach might be only two tickets, even though the GA tickets are supposed to be 4.

It's usually 2 in coach and 4 in general for the resale.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I can't decide whether or not to try in the coach sale. I would prefer not to go on the coach, but I was wondering if it would be easier to get a ticket than Sunday when there would surely be thousands more people trying.

None of our group want the coach really but its all about the extra chance. Its obviously a gamble - nice not having to drive too if your designated driver

1 hour ago, gfa said:

None of our group want the coach really but its all about the extra chance. Its obviously a gamble - nice not having to drive too if your designated driver

I'm going by coach with 5 others (purchased in Oct 2019) and we'd all prefer to go by car, as would the other 5 trying tomorrow, for us its all about giving us an extra bite at the cherry.

I'd rather go by coach than not bother in the coach sale, then fail in the main sale and not go at all.

Edited by gooner1990

I’m going to be helping three mates out, one is happy to go by coach the other two don’t want to go by coach (weird I know) so are going to wait until Sunday.

It’s going to be a bit of a weird dynamic because as you can only buy two coach tickets, trying for only one coach ticket probably increases the odds for that person as you’d assume there will be more singles left if it comes down to it, so the other two not wanting coach probably boosts the chances of the one that does. On the other hand if they’re successful and the other two aren’t on Sunday, they will be fuming, yet if they’re successful on Sunday the one who got the coach ticket (if successful) will be annoyed, because in the main sale there will be no difference between wanting 2 or 3 tickets (in terms of both limits and advantages to either) so they’ll be annoyed they didn’t wait. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

On 3/9/2022 at 10:43 AM, Gnomicide said:

It's usually 2 in coach and 4 in general for the resale.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:43 AM, gigpusher said:

Yes 2 for coach and 4 for GA is my understanding

ooohh shit. We're trying for 5 people on Sunday. That is not good at all.... but I'm glad we know now so can come up with some sort of plan. 

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

ooohh shit. We're trying for 5 people on Sunday. That is not good at all.... but I'm glad we know now so can come up with some sort of plan. 

Yes this is where friendships are tested whose in your a list and who is in the b list 😄 

Just now, gigpusher said:

Yes this is where friendships are tested whose in your a list and who is in the b list 😄 

haha its even worse - its me and the girlfriend, my friends who are a couple and one of the girlfriend's friends. Her friend was last to talk about going and that was only recently. She's also travelling down on her own so coach would make the most sense, but obviously she could end up stuck with a ticket on her own. 

It'll have to be we try for the original 4 and just keep going. Will be tight!

23 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m going to be helping three mates out, one is happy to go by coach the other two don’t want to go by coach (weird I know) so are going to wait until Sunday.

TBH I think a lot of more casual attendees won't go by coach, have to understand that on this forum we are mostly people that will go to the festival by any means, not everyone is the same.

One of my friends is trying for coach but initially said she didn't want to on the account of 'I can't hack a comedown on a coach' it just seemed baffling to me to not want to go at all for the sake of a couple of hours feeling like shit on a coach!

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

haha its even worse - its me and the girlfriend, my friends who are a couple and one of the girlfriend's friends. Her friend was last to talk about going and that was only recently. She's also travelling down on her own so coach would make the most sense, but obviously she could end up stuck with a ticket on her own. 

It'll have to be we try for the original 4 and just keep going. Will be tight!

Maybe a 3 and a 2 so nobody would end up going alone. 

Trying for 6 on Sunday but have got a few people (including some already ticketed) trying for us all so I’m cautiously optimistic about getting tickets. In my head I’m 100% going so if I’m unsuccessful I think I might do a little (or big) cry.

As stupid as it may seem to some, I’ve always skipped the coach resale. Probably dumb throwing all my eggs in to one basket on the Sunday, but it’s done me well up until now so hoping my lucky streak continues.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Trying for 6 on Sunday but have got a few people (including some already ticketed) trying for us all so I’m cautiously optimistic about getting tickets. In my head I’m 100% going so if I’m unsuccessful I think I might do a little (or big) cry.

As stupid as it may seem to some, I’ve always skipped the coach resale. Probably dumb throwing all my eggs in to one basket on the Sunday, but it’s done me well up until now so hoping my lucky streak continues.

I'm the same - I love the Wednesday and Thursday, and the idea of missing all of one or both to secure a ticket for a random time or place knowing there's a full resale on the Sunday has never appealed to me. With the knock on effect to a rubbish camping spot and potential big delays with traffic etc, as much as I love it I'd rather go all or nothing for the Sunday sale

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm sure you are, but are you aware the max per booking is four on sunday?

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm the same - I love the Wednesday and Thursday, and the idea of missing all of one or both to secure a ticket for a random time or place knowing there's a full resale on the Sunday has never appealed to me. With the knock on effect to a rubbish camping spot and potential big delays with traffic etc, as much as I love it I'd rather go all or nothing for the Sunday sale

When I got on the coach in 2015 I was pitched up by 11am on the Weds!

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

I think coach sale will be carnage as there is the extra layer of complexity with departure day and point to be navigated....but the real gains will come on Sunday to those who are prepared.

🤞

Given the festival are encouraging more people than ever to go by coach and potentially added those 7k tickets as coach, I'm not sure that's true?

43 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'd rather go by coach than not bother in the coach sale, then fail in the main sale and not go at all.

My thoughts exactly and given I don't want to camp it massively complicates things, but like you thought of total failure is the worst.  Given I haven't missed one since 85 it would be like saying goodbye to a chapter of my life, which is one of the reasons why I've grumpily laid low from this parish for much of the last 2-3 years.

39 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

trying for only one coach ticket probably increases the odds for that person as you’d assume there will be more singles left if it comes down to it, so the other two not wanting coach probably boosts the chances of the one that does. 

Don't you just get the buy screen with the 2 slots - so the only advantage of 1 would be the seconds saved adding the second person's details?

16 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

TBH I think a lot of more casual attendees won't go by coach, have to understand that on this forum we are mostly people that will go to the festival by any means, not everyone is the same.

Last time I went by coach in 2019 the vast majority were vivacious young people, full of beans of what lay ahead, with just a few of us oldies making up the numbers 🙂 

17 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m happy to go by coach (but would much prefer not to) and have tried for it in the last few main sales to maximise my chances, but I’ve always found it much more if a cluster fuck compared to the main sale and never actually succeeded in it.

I've succeeded at least 4 times on coach (which I had to start doing as wasn't permitted to drive for a few years), some of which were resale and one of those secret resale - which was proper carnage when we had that thing set up to notify us of changes to the sale page, so it was just if you were buy a device at the time. 

They're all a bit of a buttock clenching time these days.