Resale Odds

leonaves

13 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

When I got on the coach in 2015 I was pitched up by 11am on the Weds!

I would 100% go for it if I could get a Wednesday early coach, and may jump on tomorrow and see what I can get for me and the girlfriend, but I'm guessing the chances are pretty slim at resale time for a decent timed coach from a reasonable location

It’s an absolutely weird one this … I’ve never got or tried for coach tickets for myself  before tomorows sale … I even got 2 tickets for mates and not myself in the last one … however I’ve put myself in for wed from Taunton … because I just can’t not try at all … wed and Thurs are the biggest part of my festival … and I so want to meet everyone that’s helped in ticket threads and support when I failed … I think my chances are pretty decent on the Sunday so I’m happy to take that punt and hopefully the help will then sort some of the others … back issues mean the coach isn’t great for me … so my workaround will work for my local bus 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That'd have one of us couples trying separately which sounds like a recipe for disaster! 

At least if it was only them that was successful they wouldn't be alone whereas if the one person on their own gets a ticket would they go on their own? 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s an absolutely weird one this … I’ve never got or tried for coach tickets for myself  before tomorows sale … I even got 2 tickets for mates and not myself in the last one … however I’ve put myself in for wed from Taunton … because I just can’t not try at all … wed and Thurs are the biggest part of my festival … and I so want to meet everyone that’s helped in ticket threads and support when I failed … I think my chances are pretty decent on the Sunday so I’m happy to take that punt and hopefully the help will then sort some of the others … back issues mean the coach isn’t great for me … so my workaround will work for my local bus 

Would a coach from Taunton be that long even if you have back issues? (sorry I don't know how severe they are)

I have shoulder/neck issues from a car accident and can usually take a cushion with me on long journeys.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Would a coach from Taunton be that long even if you have back issues? (sorry I don't know how severe they are)

I have shoulder/neck issues from a car accident and can usually take a cushion with me on long journeys.

It’s the carrying stuff in on arrival that’s the issue 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

At least if it was only them that was successful they wouldn't be alone whereas if the one person on their own gets a ticket would they go on their own? 

Yeah that's true - been persuaded by this thread to maybe have a go for us two tomorrow with some very clear parameters time and location wise for pulling the trigger, then sorting the other three out on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s the carrying stuff in on arrival that’s the issue 

I feel your pain (literally) its getting to a point now where I can't really handle putting large rucksacks on for long periods of time, and its only at Glastonbury that it becomes a major issue.

This year I'm offloading my beer, camping chair and a few other things to a mate who's going in a campervan and I will meet him onsite then take another friend out with me to collect it all.

I've also started considering in future years arriving after the masses as I think I can handle the walk from the car to wherever we pitch but not the queuing for hours on end....its either that or start doing things like glamping which I would prefer to avoid if possible.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I feel your pain (literally) its getting to a point now where I can't really handle putting large rucksacks on for long periods of time, and its only at Glastonbury that it becomes a major issue.

This year I'm offloading my beer, camping chair and a few other things to a mate who's going in a campervan and I will meet him onsite then take another friend out with me to collect it all.

I've also started considering in future years arriving after the masses as I think I can handle the walk from the car to wherever we pitch but not the queuing for hours on end....its either that or start doing things like glamping which I would prefer to avoid if possible.

Remembering our car park discussion my plan is to put the car loaded up in there and take the bus with minimal stuff … so hence the need for a more local bus as I’d need to do that when the car parks open 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Remembering our car park discussion my plan is to put the car loaded up in there and take the bus with minimal stuff … so hence the need for a more local bus as I’d need to do that when the car parks open 

When I went to Big Chill festival in 2009 there were people employed by the festival, who for £20 would load all your kit into a massive trolley and wheel it onto the site for you and for an extra £10 then put up your tent as well.

Shame Glastonbury don't offer a similar service!

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks … I should be good but appreciate the offer … I’ve got some potential workarounds should I get lucky 

If we get lucky and get our campervan ticket we'd be passing Tuesday. Happy to do a detour and pick up some of your heavy stuff to bring you in on Wednesday. We'd owe you that much at least. 

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

If we get lucky and get our campervan ticket we'd be passing Tuesday. Happy to do a detour and pick up some of your heavy stuff to bring you in on Wednesday. We'd owe you that much at least. 

2 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Happy to help you carry stuff if you win a coach tick. As I’m sure lots of other people here would too. Just say the word 👍

Appreciate this . Thanks guys 🙂 

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes same.  I can't pretend I'm strong or fit mind, so as David O'Doherty says - lower your expectations.

Carrying stuff in is killer. We were in WV first time around, so no issues. 2019 I near killed myself getting from purple car parks to Gate B and then all the way past the pyramid and Beat Hotel to Woodsies. I had a 90L backpack with a crate of lager strapped on top of it and camping chairs on the side, then in either hand I had a cool box full of ice and our tent with cocktail cans strapped on the side of it. 

Thankfully we found an abandoned sack trolley which still worked for the way out. 

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

haha its even worse - its me and the girlfriend, my friends who are a couple and one of the girlfriend's friends. Her friend was last to talk about going and that was only recently. She's also travelling down on her own so coach would make the most sense, but obviously she could end up stuck with a ticket on her own. 

It'll have to be we try for the original 4 and just keep going. Will be tight!

I wouldn’t worry about someone ending up with a solo ticket . If it’s an issue they can still cancel it up to last week in May (less an admin fee).

1 ticket less for everyone else to try for, mind you.

Edited by John the Moth

16 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

I wouldn’t worry about someone ending up with a solo ticket . If it’s an issue they can still cancel it up to last week in May (less an admin fee).

1 ticket less for everyone else to try for, mind you.

That's very true! Changed to the plan of me and the girlfriend trying for coach tomorrow but won't be doing Wednesday evening or Thursday or anything like that. Still a chance this person ends up with one on her own Sunday though!