2023 legend slot

ProperTea

7 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

That's a fairly US-centric view of his fanbase which doesn't really translate over here – he's firmly in classic Radio 2/boomer demographic territory, which BST Hyde Park generally excels at.

I can accept that, yes. Here in nyc billy plays at madison square garden once per month and has done for years - he says he will do it until it stops selling out, and now it's basically become a tourist attraction.  if you're on the subway when his show lets out, it's a drunken, sloppy sing along of "piano man" that makes the rest of the riders want to hang themselves haha.  

50 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

I can accept that, yes. Here in nyc billy plays at madison square garden once per month and has done for years - he says he will do it until it stops selling out, and now it's basically become a tourist attraction.  if you're on the subway when his show lets out, it's a drunken, sloppy sing along of "piano man" that makes the rest of the riders want to hang themselves haha.  

Do you think New York has lost it's edge a bit when New Yorkers can't handle some Billie Joel fans?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

What they need is a new Velvet Underground

Amen! 

you guys actually made me lol. 

The real thing with Billy is that he's from Jersey.  and we New Yorkers have a love/hate relationship with New Jersey.  We only come together with them to talk shit about people from Staten Island 

On 12/20/2022 at 7:24 PM, sisco said:

So I mentioned Stevie Nicks being the legend next year.  Just found out she’s touring with Billy Joel in the US.  Suddenly wondering if she’ll be the support at his BST gig too!! That would make It very likely surely. 

if she was, i'd have expected her to have been announced to help shift tickets.

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Billy Joel is like my dream legend slot, good chance I’ll try pick up tickets for his Hyde park show closer to the time

i think he’d headline though

Billy Joel as the legend then he shows up later to do a few tunes with Elton recreating their1998 face to face tour.

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

We really aren’t much closer to this are we ? 

I'm not even sure AM is correct there's normally more info around for a British act. I'd say the 3rd act is definitely not British.

14 hours ago, Olshansky said:

What an odd pairing.  I associate Billy with drunken fratboy singalongs and i wouldn't think the Venn diagram between the two fan groups would overlap that much

What? 70s soft rock megastar Billy Joel and 70s soft rock megastar Stevie Nicks…?

yeah, it’s a real head-scratcher that one….

• Upvote 1