2023 legend slot

ProperTea

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Could be something 

It's not new music by the sounds of it.....and she already has a stack of US dates.

Judging by the reaction of a few of the Stans, it might be the release of a number she's done with Dolly. Intriguing though, I could easily see the image above surrounded by Stanley Donwood's artwork, too. Maybe an announcement of supporting Billy Joel at BST and/or the Glastonbury teatime legend?

I think she'd be a popular choice.

I’m not familiar with much of Stevie’s solo stuff outside of Edge of Seventeen (which I think might ring true for a lot of casual attendees), but the few Mac bangers we’d get would more than make up for that, and probably the only way we’re gonna get to hear them at the farm at this point. 

Is this the longest we’ve gone without knowing who the Sunday legend is for some time? Feel like we usually have an idea or even confirmation by now, but it’s still so up in the air. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Is this the longest we’ve gone without knowing who the Sunday legend is for some time? Feel like we usually have an idea or even confirmation by now, but it’s still so up in the air. 

If they're not ready to unveil GnR or Monkey man then throwing the Legend out would be a reasonable distraction.

1 minute ago, sisco said:

As I said before I really think she’s the obvious choice as the Legend and then to be listed as Billy Joel’s special guest at Hyde Park

Might explain why she hasn’t been announced yet. Whilst she’s obviously a well known name, that’s more to do with her being in Fleetwood Mac rather than her solo stuff so her being the Sunday legend might not be the massive announcement that Diana, Kylie etc were or get nearly the same type of crowd. Would definitely be a good thing to have a female name at the top of the lineup alongside the headliners as well. 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Might explain why she hasn’t been announced yet. Whilst she’s obviously a well known name, that’s more to do with her being in Fleetwood Mac rather than her solo stuff so her being the Sunday legend might not be the massive announcement that Diana, Kylie etc were or get nearly the same type of crowd. Would definitely be a good thing to have a female name at the top of the lineup alongside the headliners as well. 

It wouldn't reach quite the joyous discofied heights of Bazza / Kylie / Diana, but the ritual of the slot itself and the promise of those Fleetwood Mac jams should still see her easily fill the field.

The fact that she’s active, free, female, and an actual legend, alongside the fact there are pretty much no other names in the frame make her the obvious choice at this stage. 

Getting some FM and Elton bangers on the same days seems almost too good to be true. 

Edited by Jose Pose

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Judging by the reaction of a few of the Stans, it might be the release of a number she's done with Dolly. Intriguing though, I could easily see the image above surrounded by Stanley Donwood's artwork, too. Maybe an announcement of supporting Billy Joel at BST and/or the Glastonbury teatime legend?

I think she'd be a popular choice.

Dolly as a guest with Stevie Nicks? The field would be in absolute meltdown. 

On 1/18/2023 at 8:20 AM, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Apologies if this has been covered before, but have we considered Guns n Roses for this slot? (sorry Neil!). This would seem to cover off a few of the issues...... They have the hits, it confirms the rumour that they are playing, and it frees up one of the headliner slots thereby (potentially) avoiding the all male scenario. 

My info for gnr is as headliner. If they're not headliner, then the info is wrong and there's no particular reason to think that they're on the bill at all.