2023 legend slot

ProperTea

11 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Zoe on radio 2 repeated the Stevie Nicks to be rumoured  for " tea time slot " and mentioned an announcement later today !!! , the question is , does she know something , or just speculation after the socials yesterday ..

Is she on the ball I wonder ? Anyone any ideas what time this is due today ? 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Zoe on radio 2 repeated the Stevie Nicks to be rumoured  for " tea time slot " and mentioned an announcement later today !!! , the question is , does she know something , or just speculation after the socials yesterday ..

It's scenarios like this that make the Stevie rumour unlikely, for me. I believe Zoe Ball is good friends with Emily, so I'd doubt she'd reveal (or strongly elude, if there was any truth to) a name the festival has been working hard to keep secret, outside of an official announcement. Unless she's been given the nod to discuss it, of course.

It's a puzzler this year. Kudos to the festival for managing to keep it under wraps. I still feel like the festival has something big up its sleeve. Whether that's the teatime slot or elsewhere, I'm not sure...

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I will never understand these acts, who are supposed to be passionate about music... Who love music so much  they've made it their whole career... who are already absolutely wedged with cash... BUT won't do what they love at an event that holds so much history and prestige and which sends it's profits to charity. Absolute money grabbers in my opinion, literally wanting to take money from these charities.  And if that's the true reason for some of these bigger acts not playing, I would never in a million years pay separately to watch them in their own concert. Even though I too would love to see Stevie Nicks on the farm. I think it's totally smelly.

Maybe cause some want to keep receiving what they deserve when it comes to a fair wage? You understand that touring right now is not sustainable for a lot of artists so taking the money when its in front of you is for survival? Having to choose between putting food on the table or the apparent moral high ground sometimes isnt an option for a lot. 

I mean Bruce was 1000% honest about his thoughts when it came to ticket prices. He prob knows this might be his last tour and he wants go get the most he can and also sees how tickets were essentially under valued and he wasnt even  getting that money that resellers were getting. We're also forgetting that his bandmates and crew share in the profits, but we only focus on the big name. If he is making sure everyone else is being taken care of financially then what do we think of him. Of course I dont think its fair that we have to deal with this crap, but thats how it goes.

If Glastonbury actually cost what it should when it comes To the talent theyre able to book while offering almost no money to them then Im sure most people here wouldnt go cause they would be upset its too expensive. But that day is coming much sooner than we think anyway. The fest should easily  cost another £100 more than where its at now. But everyone wants things for cheap. And thats the other thing, you wouldnt want to pay money to see certain artists on their own because you want the convenience the festival provides that will save you money in that aspect. So if you refuse to go support artists outside of a festival environment then how can they carry on when record sales do nothing nowadays.

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Maybe cause some want to keep receiving what they deserve when it comes to a fair wage? You understand that touring right now is not sustainable for a lot of artists so taking the money when its in front of you is for survival? Having to choose between putting food on the table or the apparent moral high ground sometimes isnt an option for a lot. 

I mean Bruce was 1000% honest about his thoughts when it came to ticket prices. He prob knows this might be his last tour and he wants go get the most he can and also sees how tickets were essentially under valued and he wasnt even  getting that money that resellers were getting. We're also forgetting that his bandmates and crew share in the profits, but we only focus on the big name. If he is making sure everyone else is being taken care of financially then what do we think of him. Of course I dont think its fair that we have to deal with this crap, but thats how it goes.

If Glastonbury actually cost what it should when it comes To the talent theyre able to book while offering almost no money to them then Im sure most people here wouldnt go cause they would be upset its too expensive. But that day is coming much sooner than we think anyway. The fest should easily  cost another £100 more than where its at now. But everyone wants things for cheap. And thats the other thing, you wouldnt want to pay money to see certain artists on their own because you want the convenience the festival provides that will save you money in that aspect. So if you refuse to go support artists outside of a festival environment then how can they carry on when record sales do nothing nowadays.

God I hope that private school educated, multi million album selling the strokes are going to be able to buy their next meal! Poor old Julian casablancas, how will he ever survive

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Maybe it’s because the audience are actually the ones who are struggling to afford their next meal, rather than the millionaire artists performing.

You a troll mate?

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I'm sure all these headliners are really struggling to put food on the table 🙈

I'd much rather put food on the table of smaller local bands to be honest. Credit where credit is due, I run a performing arts school and I know what it takes to put on a show and the amount of people behind the scenes. I've designed lighting plots, I've operated sound and god knows how many radio mics, I've paid musicians, I've begged people to be dressers to cut costs. I know that the tickets have to cover all of this.

But it gets to a point...where you're old and minted and surely you can give something back to your fans and to charity.... I know I would!!!! I simply love music and art and performing and I just would never in a million years be about rinsing people. 

42 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Speaking of Grace Jones, her and Pavement topping Bluedot with Leftfield and Roisin Murphy.

I'd love all three at the farm, but given what everyone is saying about Grace and the fact Roisin did last year I'm guessing Leftfield are the only real possibility. Could they do Wesr Holts? Think they did Sonic or something last time?

45 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Bit of a reach there Supre. I mean I'm a big Springsteen fan (going to 5 gigs on the tour this year), but to defend high ticket prices and dynamic pricing on the basis that he needs the money is laughable. He sold the rights to his music to Sony for £500,000,000 last year. He also has portrayed himself as a man of the people for nearly all of his career. Flies in the face of that somewhat.
Capitalism at its worst. Just because you can charge exorbitant amounts for something doesn't mean you should.

I find it astonishing that anyone thinks Madonna is going to be OK if she doesn’t get her 5 mill. Let’s not forget, times are tough out there. I’d hate to think of her shivering at home, unable to know whether to heat or eat because Glastonbury had the gall to pay her the same as other headliners. 

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

In one of the recent years (maybe even last) Zoe mentioned rumours of the line-up coming out just before it did but there's more chance she'd be aware of that than a one off. She's always asking artists if they're playing Glastonbury, many of whom have never been near, so I think a lot of it is just from a fan of the festival point of view.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

In one of the recent years (maybe even last) Zoe mentioned rumours of the line-up coming out just before it did but there's more chance she'd be aware of that than a one off. She's always asking artists if they're playing Glastonbury, many of whom have never been near, so I think a lot of it is just from a fan of the festival point of view.

She should ask her ex husband if he’s playing and get a scoop. 

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'd love all three at the farm, but given what everyone is saying about Grace and the fact Roisin did last year I'm guessing Leftfield are the only real possibility. Could they do Wesr Holts? Think they did Sonic or something last time?

Depending on how the 50/50 gender split is going (terribly higher up the order) would that make Roisin more likely?  Hard to see where she could play though after headlining WH - so probably unlikely as you say.

Just now, kalifire said:

She should ask her ex husband if he’s playing and get a scoop. 

If it's in the legend slot it would be a scoop 🙂  - think someone said he's generally playing sets of his best stuff lately, but if he were to play his hits it'd probably do pretty well.  Think I've managed to avoid most of his music for nearly a decade, so it might sound pretty good by now.

3 minutes ago, p.pete said:

If it's in the legend slot it would be a scoop 🙂  - think someone said he's generally playing sets of his best stuff lately, but if he were to play his hits it'd probably do pretty well.  Think I've managed to avoid most of his music for nearly a decade, so it might sound pretty good by now.

probably on my own here but id love him as the legend hes certainly one of those in Glastonbury icon terms  ( dont think it will happen though ) he had an other headline slot cancelled because of covid didnt he ? 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

probably on my own here but id love him as the legend hes certainly one of those in Glastonbury icon terms  ( dont think it will happen though ) he had an other headline slot cancelled because of covid didnt he ? 

Would that have been 2020 as in the whole festival was cancelled or 2022 as he had covid?  Assume it would have made it onto the lineup at least if it was the latter...

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

He was one of the highlights of my festival last year. I actually think he'd be brilliant in a legend slot, so so much fun! 

I've always missed him at festivals before because when there's clashes I just think... "ah he's always about I'll catch him another time" (NEVER AGAIN) I will always prioritise his sets going forward. He attracts a cracking fun crowd 😊

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

He was one of the highlights of my festival last year. I actually think he'd be brilliant in a legend slot, so so much fun! 

I've always missed him at festivals before because when there's clashes I just think... "ah he's always about I'll catch him another time" (NEVER AGAIN) I will always prioritise his sets going forward. He attracts a cracking fun crowd 😊

Yeah, I've not properly seen him either [I was in the non-queue bit of the Rabbit Hole one year when off my face and he was on - I didn't actually see him, so no idea if he was actually on where I was or just the back half of the tent - it got very busy very quick and I danced and had fun].  I think I need to intentionally catch him some time 🙂 

Definitely think he could do the legend slot, but would that mean he'd never play the festival again?

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

You understand that touring right now is not sustainable for a lot of artists so taking the money when its in front of you is for survival? Having to choose between putting food on the table or the apparent moral high ground sometimes isnt an option for a lot. 

LOL

Most, if not all, of these big stars could never work again and still "put food on the table" FFS

19 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I find it astonishing that anyone thinks Madonna is going to be OK if she doesn’t get her 5 mill. Let’s not forget, times are tough out there. I’d hate to think of her shivering at home, unable to know whether to heat or eat because Glastonbury had the gall to pay her the same as other headliners. 

She does have a lot of adopted kids to feed.

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

She was one of the first people I spotted who had liked the Stevie Nicks post so probably she's just speculating as well. I imagine if Stevie Nicks hasn't signed on it helps for so many people to speculate like this as it shows her that it is a big announcement. I'm sure Michael Eavis said Stevie Nicks was one of the more willing members of Fleetwood Mac when I went to one of his talks many years ago.