2023 legend slot

ProperTea

9 hours ago, GeezLouise said:

I’ve got it guys. It’s steps! 

I was thinking exactly the same and you beat me to it!!  "Piss off old guard" & "legends slot" seems like an oxymoron, but then I thought if it's some cheesy manufactured bullshit pop act from the 90's that would tick both boxes.  Steps seemed the obvious candidate but there are plenty of others of their ilk that fit the same criteria.

Edited by 4AssedMonkey

Just now, 4AssedMonkey said:

I was thinking exactly the same and you beat me to it!!  "Piss off old guard" & "legends slot" seems like an oxymoron, but then I thought if it's some cheesy manufactured bullshit pop at from the 90's that would tick both boxes.  Steps seemed the obvious candidate but there are plenty of others of their ilk that fit the same criteria.

I actually wouldn’t mind it 😅

39 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Diana Ross was announced one year ago today. 

Unless it's a stella star I can't see the Legend being announced first this year. "Thanks for the extra £50 everyone, it went towards security Roxy Music".

Agree 

I imagine we will have something confirmed, be it a headliner or legend, before christmas but not just yet. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Unless it's a stella star I can't see the Legend being announced first this year. "Thanks for the extra £50 everyone, it went towards security Roxy Music".

Odds on us getting a headliner announcement this year?

What are your thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

If that happens, the Glasto Chat comments will be interesting that day!

26 minutes ago, nikkic said:

What are your thoughts? 

Must be one before Christmas surely?  They usually throw us a bone just after T-Day and that was a month late this time round.

28 minutes ago, nikkic said:

What are your thoughts? 

Since 2010 they have announced a headliner before New Year on 6 occasions (including 2020) which means they didn't on 4. But the last time we didn't know a headliner by New Year was 2016. 

I think we'll have something but #ThereIsNoPattern and all that.

Screenshot_20221109_104314_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2d2cf0bc561070ac3f79afbfce0dfa7.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide

Anyone else find it a bit weird that 3 of the 8 early announcements above never came off?  Realise that 2 were for 2020 and both Macca/U2 played later on but still struck me as an odd coincidence.

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Since 2010 they have announced a headliner before New Year on 6 occasions (including 2020) which means they didn't on 4. But the last time we didn't know a headliner by New Year was 2016. 

Screenshot_20221109_104314_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2d2cf0bc561070ac3f79afbfce0dfa7.jpg

It’s just all due to timing, if the artist has no other European plans it makes no difference when the announcement happens . For example Taylor had sold out her Bst date so Glastonbury had no effect on them ticket sales at all 

6 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Anyone else find it a bit weird that 3 of the 8 early announcements above never came off?  Realise that 2 were for 2020 and both Macca/U2 played later on but still struck me as an odd coincidence.

It's an interesting observation, just co-incidence as other that were announced later were also cancelled but I guess there's more chance for things to go wrong the earlier you announce stuff. 

31 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Thank you to our resident statistics man @Gnomicide, a never-ending task: 

Stats Man.jpg

27 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Thank you to our resident statistics man @Gnomicide, a never-ending task: 

Stats Man.jpg

I reckon they'll drop a name soon. Have Arctic Monkeys sold out every date? If they have, I reckon they'll be the obvious one. I have a strange feeling that the other two headliners might not even be signed-up yet