2023 legend slot

ProperTea

12 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Im a punter since 07 and know one song

My advice is to put on a playlist and correct this

13 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

people under 30 wouldnt have even heard of them never mind be able to name a song

They have sold 30 million albums. Most people who go to Glastonbury, who are not children, will have heard of them

10 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

People under 30 basically are children and they are obviously not ever going to play glasto or play the legend slot but yeah

amazing how older ppl think younger people care about their bands. They simply dont.

If young people stay interested in music, it won’t be too long before they develop huge interest in any band or artist worthy of the slot we’re talking about here.

Beatles broke up when I was 6.

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

12 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I am a huge fan of the Pumpkins early era - everything up to ‘95. Saw them live at download in 2018. One of the dourest bands I’ve ever seen on stage. 

if you think they are playing the legends slot you have utterly no idea of what that slot is even about.

The legend slot seems to just mean ‘bands I like’ to at least 50% of the people on this thread. 

10 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Like when you said nightmare on wax were heading west holtz?

I don't make it up I'd make up something better, I was told  in a spoken conversation they were by the West holts booker, and probably got messed up due to my brain injury. The roxy info was a text message, where there was no chance for me to mess up cos I can re-read the message. 

My brain had a reboot and isn't as sharp as it used to be. At least I'm aware of my problems, which are a medical condition. What's your reason for being an arse hole? 

9 hours ago, Memory Man said:

People under 30 basically are children and they are obviously not ever going to play glasto or play the legend slot but yeah

amazing how older ppl think younger people care about their bands. They simply dont.

Amazing how people from any one group think they speak for everyone in that group. My niece cares more about old bands than I do. I actually try and encourage her to listen to some music from her own generation. Her knowledge of 60's - 80's music is pretty good her knowledge of stuff from her own generation not as good. 

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

I don't make it up I'd make up something better, I was told  in a spoken conversation they were by the West holts booker, and probably got messed up due to my brain injury. The roxy info was a text message, where there was no chance for me to mess up cos I can re-read the message. 

My brain had a reboot and isn't as sharp as it used to be. At least I'm aware of my problems, which are a medical condition. What's your reason for being an arse hole? 

I'm not the one that called out a poster for hoping Roxy were still playing. Gonna blame your injury on that?

• Downvote 8

9 hours ago, Memory Man said:

My group are 28-38 and none of us watched macca. Obviously a lot did, but he was of no interest to us whatsoever.

As a 38 year old that sounds mad to me. Different strokes for different folks but he’s the greatest song writer of all time, in one of the greatest bands of all time. Most modern music is influenced by his music. 

23 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I'm not the one that called out a poster for hoping Roxy were still playing. Gonna blame your injury on that?

I'm hoping you just got out the wrong side of the bed this morning and you read that back and realise that what you said is really not a good look. 

44 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Amazing how people from any one group think they speak for everyone in that group. My niece cares more about old bands than I do. I actually try and encourage her to listen to some music from her own generation. Her knowledge of 60's - 80's music is pretty good her knowledge of stuff from her own generation not as good. 

Yeah it's pretty weird to me the idea that young people would only listen to recent music. As a teenager I devoured stuff from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it's pretty weird to me the idea that young people would only listen to recent music. As a teenager I devoured stuff from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Same here but now I'm older I listen almost exclusively to new music. It's almost like people can defy categorisation 😄 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Indeed! I'd say I listen to more new music now than I did in my 20s actually (I'm 40).

Same here and I'm 45. I recently helped a student out with their dissertation research and they informed me that I don't listen to music like a 'normal person'. 

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Indeed! I'd say I listen to more new music now than I did in my 20s actually (I'm 40).

Your tastes definitely expand as you get older.

When I was a teenager in the 90's the thought of listening to anything that wasn't the same few white lads with guitars was absolutely appalling to me. It's very much a tribal thing where you and your mates all listen to the same stuff to fit in with each other.

These days I couldn't care less and listen to pretty much anything (except Genesis).