2023 legend slot

ProperTea

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While this is true it could well have been a bit.

But Kenny also turned on the 'charismatic entertainer' switch and walked away triumphant, albeit on a smaller scale than yer Lionels and so on.

I grew up with my mum playing his best of, so I knew pretty much everything Kenny played and loved it. I thought he put on a good show, but fully accept that it was a much smaller crowd for him than some others in the slot.

9 hours ago, clarkete said:

Yeah, not giving either of you a shout is pretty harsh. Some folks have a somewhat detached approach to stuff.

I'm the other end of the scale and am way too emotionally attached to things. 

Definitely he bins things out of his shed that  a few months later he regrets haha  he just hates clutter ... Anyway back to legends - Iam going with either

Bon Jovi 

Blondie

OMD 

Cher 

🤣

2 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Definitely he bins things out of his shed that  a few months later he regrets haha  he just hates clutter ... Anyway back to legends - Iam going with either

Bon Jovi 

Blondie

OMD 

Cher 

🤣

OMD wouldn't get the slot I expect, but I'd love to see them at Glastonbury. I still play their music....

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

OMD wouldn't get the slot I expect, but I'd love to see them at Glastonbury. I still play their music....

Yeah .... They'd be great in the acoustic tent doing the 9.30pm  Friday slot like Paul Heaton & Jacqui this year 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, gazzared said:

I and my mates really enjoyed elo . I used to be fascinated with the double album my dad had with the big space ship 🤣 . They sounded brilliant, the strings were brilliant, backing singers brilliant, guitars brilliant, keys brilliant and the songs are great..... They've been around for ever and have seen it all so they're not gonna suddenly become fake and hype up the crowd just because it Glastonbury.....does my head in when bands start acting all fake saying shit like " omg best crowd ever, Glastonburrrryyyyyy" and then next week they say all the the same things - insert where ever they all playing 🤣🤣

For the record, I personally enjoyed ELO but was more reflecting on the general consensus. My dad was a massive fan and I grew up on them so also count myself a fan. Fortunately when my dad switched to vinyl, I took possession of all the vinyl and still have all his ELO records.

you’re talking of course about Out of the blue - not my fave but a great album. Cover is sweet and can only properly be appreciated on gatefold vinyl.

image.jpeg.285f151caf56edbfb78ecf7810b61b01.jpeg

and wonderful inside…

image.thumb.jpeg.6e373ebaaafb875ae2d009e19cb0812e.jpeg

ps. My Dad gave away all my Lego too…

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Emma bunton on Sunday brunch re glasto "I'd like to but it's not happening" surely time to ditch this idea for next year ? unless its part of some weird plan ? how many times do we need to get told by them its not happening ? 

The only conclusion you can ever take from any act ever saying anything is if they categorically say they’re definitely doing it.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Emma bunton on Sunday brunch re glasto "I'd like to but it's not happening" surely time to ditch this idea for next year ? unless its part of some weird plan ? how many times do we need to get told by them its not happening ? 

I not sure that Victorias husband would be very welcome after his bumper pay day for promoting the World Cup. 

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Who gave us the clue about the legend spot? Something about the oldies won’t be pleased. 

That was OBface, they said yesterday that they’d heard it was Spice Girls.

16 hours ago, OBface said:

The info I had was the Spice Girls. Though thinking about it a specific year wasn't mentioned, I just assumed 2023.

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 10:13 AM, Jose Pose said:

The point of the slot, as you well know, is to provide 100,000 people with 10+ household bangers they all know and can sing along to on a Sunday afternoon, it’s nothing deeper than that.

That is what it has become. It wasn't always that way and it could easily change again. I think it's only a matter of time before the festival starts to consider if things have all gotten a bit too Milton Keynes and changes direction again. 

2 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

That is what it has become. It wasn't always that way and it could easily change again. I think it's only a matter of time before the festival starts to consider if things have all gotten a bit too Milton Keynes and changes direction again. 

Roxy music are really just a band though, much like crowded house this year. Start booking acts like that in the ‘legend slot’ and it’s really no longer a slot anymore. If Roxy music are deserving of a special slot then so are about 100 other acts.

6 hours ago, gazzared said:

Yeah .... They'd be great in the acoustic tent doing the 9.30pm  Friday slot like Paul Heaton & Jacqui this year 

Fuck yes. I’m so here for that. OND in that slot would be completely brilliant.

And, Spice Girls can get to fuck. Then keep fucking off until they get back here again, then fuck off.

6 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It's happened more than once this year. Mel b says yes the others say no 

6 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Fuck yes. I’m so here for that. OND in that slot would be completely brilliant.

And, Spice Girls can get to fuck. Then keep fucking off until they get back here again, then fuck off.

roxy not worthy but omd are?? worlds gone mad. lol.

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

roxy not worthy but omd are?? worlds gone mad. lol.

Mate, I love Roxy Music and if you check back, you’ll see I was excited when they seemed lined up and gutted at the u-turn. Stop scattergunning will you?

On 11/24/2022 at 11:11 AM, JayDiesel said:

Hilarious, but do you think Cliff could be booked? He's on tour next year...

Just heard him on the radio say that he's got no interest in doing it