Walking time from different landmarks

rockandnoll

These things obviously vary, but the bigger problem I see is that in planning out our day absolutely none of us ever account for the time spent getting beer, going to the toilets, food and some rest in the shade 😁

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Isn't that why it has 3 speeds or have I missed something? 

I'm saying the times for moderate or average walking pace seem optimistic. I've no idea what speed people walk at generally but the idea that Woodsies is 20 mins from strummerville or SE corner at "your average stroll" seems very optimistic to me. 

If it’s just me, at marching pace (I proper stomp) I could maybe make these times. But crowds, distractions, possibly mud etc. means no chance at the actual fest. Add 25-50% IMO.

51 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I'm saying the times for moderate or average walking pace seem optimistic. I've no idea what speed people walk at generally but the idea that Woodsies is 20 mins from strummerville or SE corner at "your average stroll" seems very optimistic to me. 

Oh tbh I just thought we all just plucked one of the three, so for me the slowest and if I get there quicker all good 

Interested in peoples preferred routes. I’m sure I could make improvements there. If I need to get from Other to Pyramid, I walk through Silver Hayes and turn right at San Remo (or take the cut through that goes by BBC intro but there isn’t much in it). Is that best or am I mad?

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

Interested in peoples preferred routes. I’m sure I could make improvements there. If I need to get from Other to Pyramid, I walk through Silver Hayes and turn right at San Remo (or take the cut through that goes by BBC intro but there isn’t much in it). Is that best or am I mad?

That's probably a bit further than going through the markets, but likely to be less crowded.  We always seem to stand on the left hand side of the Pyramid field and the right hand side of the Other so walking through the markets is definitely shorter for us.  San Remo to the Pyramid field is always a longer walk than I remember it, in my head it's almost next door, but it really isn't!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 1986 said:

I suppose it's all comes down to when you decide to go. For Elton, we went that route from the Other (with loads of time to spare - Little Nas had about 30 mins left) but it was soooo busy that we got sent right up past Hawkwell and Rowmead to enter back in via. the very top of the Pyramid field. That said, I'm sure it was the usual chaos at the pinch point at the market side entrance to the Pyramid field.

Simiarly for Bicep I decided to walk all the way along the railway line and cut in via. Avalon to avoid the inevitable crush at Greenpeace. A longer walk but far less crowded.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I suppose it's all comes down to when you decide to go. For Elton, we went that route from the Other (with loads of time to spare - Little Nas had about 30 mins left) but it was soooo busy that we got sent right up past Hawkwell and Rowmead to enter back in via. the very top of the Pyramid field. That said, I'm sure it was the usual chaos at the pinch point at the market side entrance to the Pyramid field.

Simiarly for Bicep I decided to walk all the way along the railway line and cut in via. Avalon to avoid the inevitable crush at Greenpeace. A longer walk but far less crowded.

Had the exact same Elton entry as yourself but we arrived much later. Spent the whole of Elton at the toilets just to get some elevation. 

5 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Had the exact same Elton entry as yourself but we arrived much later. Spent the whole of Elton at the toilets just to get some elevation. 

it's a decent spec in a big crowd to be fair. Especially if you aren't tall.