The loop at Glastonbury

a6l6e6x

3 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

"Don't do drugs, they could be mixed with all sorts of dangerous stuff!"

Can we test our drugs first then?

"LOL no"

“Don’t do drugs”

Alcohol, Nicotine, Caffeine blah blah blah etc etc etc 😂😂

Its comical, if alcohol were discovered tomorrow it would be class A instantly. 

• 7 months later...
On 5/29/2023 at 12:41 PM, Leyrulion said:

The loop have (had?) a home office licence so the possession is legal, I think it's down to how they receive the substances. Then obviously giving it back is a problem, they tried a work around where they wouldn't give it back but that was still a no.

Yeah, the sensible work around was to give you the kit to do your own scrape of a pill or sample from a bag, and just give them the sample so they never had "posession" of the rest.  

The issue is solely one caused by the Home Office who have decided to make it more difficult (and enforced it being necessary) to get a specific (expensive, lengthy process) licence to test on site.  They've chosen to increase the likelihood of harm from drug use at festivals, basically.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

drug testing at Glastonbury has probably just got a bit closer, after Bristol launched the first regular testing service

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-68082844

I'm not sure it is, the fundamental problem in the summer was that the home office put in a requirement for any drug testing facilities to be available weeks in advance for induction in order to get a licence to conduct even back of house testing. 

It's great the loop seem to now have the licence but I'm not sure how it changes the festival situation. 

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

I've said it before, but having drug testing on site should be a condition of having a license.

Like everything else in this c**try, the blame lies firmly at the feet of our Tory overlords 😞 

However, government chose in 2023 to ban without licence any drug testing on festival sites.

• Upvote 1