Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

3 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

i think i'm most excited/nervous about the new map. i acknowledge the line up will have clashes, and there's not much anyone can do about those, but the new-ish layout of the Barcelona site could make or break things....

Surely it’s already break.

There simply isn’t enough space to accommodate everyone in probably a 40% smaller site. So illogical to be shrinking the site now they are trying to sell many more tickets vs five or six years ago when Bitz didn’t exist. 

The only hope is that it doesn’t sell out. Which is possible as I think a lot of people are struggling with the high total cost of the weekend.

• Upvote 1

On 4/14/2023 at 8:19 AM, pipan said:

Thanks for all the Saturday tips.

Many of them are already on my "like-to-see" list (Caroline Polachek, Wednesday, Jockstrap, Ezra Furman, The War on Drugs, Surf Curse, The Voidz, Two Shell), others I checked out thoroughly but it didn't really work for me (Maggie Rogers, Arlo Parks, Holly Humberstone, Rosalía)  and there are also some that I checked only very briefly to realize that they are not my cup of tea genre-wise (JPEGMAFIA, Death Grips, Gilla Band).

As for the possible Auditori artists - if I see them I will probably enjoy them. Last year, I decided to see Arooj Aftab (there was no Auditori last year but if it had been I'm sure that she would have performed there) only after the timetable was released and I  enjoyed it very much, but this is not a kind of act I'm excited about half a year in advance.

Must-see for me means either a band I love for many years (Blur) or something new that got me so excited that I'm spending hours checking videos of their live performances (Cavetown, Ghost).

However, Overmono and Nia Archives somehow slipped my attention while researching the line-up so I'm gonna check them out.

Yesterday I found out that Girl Band (a band who I've liked for a decent few years) changed their name to Gilla Band at the end of 2021. No idea how I didn't know this but reading your comment just now has made me realise they're playing on the Saturday.

So that's a nice surprise for me! 

I watched on livestream only the sets I wanted to somehow exclude from my program at primavera and I recon there was no hidden secret or surprise that could justify Calvin Harris at the festival: it was really as bad as you could imagine. I don't get the crowd he had. Maybe Coachella has more people who is into cheap EDM. Judging from the PS editions I have been to, I think he will flop 
Boygenious and Underworld looked like very strong. 

Edited by Whos3000_

On 4/14/2023 at 3:21 PM, xxialac said:

Looks like Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo are gearing up to announce, probably next week. BA has a new site.

Only rumours now... But, The Cure are announcing south american dates at end of April, maybe it´s a possibility...

3 hours ago, stanh said:

Rosalía's set was incredible, really really tempted to head to this now... Are there literally any reasonably priced accom options? Or is it all pretty expensive during Primavera? 

Saw part of Rosalia set a couple of weeks ago during Lollapalooza... So, her music is amazing, She is amazing, but, her live show is not for me... A lot of dancing, coreography, tik tok mooving... ok, she sing over the backing tracks, but... not for my taste... (yes, i like the albums).

• Upvote 2

Talking about Saturday acts... For me, a must see it´s Death Grips. A insane act, a mix of trap, punk rock, pogo, everybody going insane in a mosh pit... 10/10

For a band, My Morning Jacket, of course. A band that hardly play outside US, a real  rock n roll band, a must see for sure. And, St. Vincent if she plays with a full band. A beautiful 70´s show. 

And Arlo Parks, Domi & DJ Beck, Gilla Band, Jonh Cale (classic!), Overmono, Sevdaliza, Surf Curse, Bar Italia, Be your own Pet, Crack Cloud, Wednesday...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, joselito said:

Saw part of Rosalia set a couple of weeks ago during Lollapalooza... So, her music is amazing, She is amazing, but, her live show is not for me... A lot of dancing, coreography, tik tok mooving... ok, she sing over the backing tracks, but... not for my taste... (yes, i like the albums).

Fair enough, I really enjoyed it, thought it was quite exciting and different personally - came across visually stunning, and just quite a polished performance in general. Really regret not catching the show whilst it was at The O2 in London. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 1:39 PM, chilirocker said:

Now that Jai Paul has played his first ever show, do we think he could be a last minute addition to Primavera? I doubt he would assemble a band and play a big corporate festival just as a one-off. 

He's just announced four more shows - two in NY this month and two in London at the start of next month. 

Gotta be a chance! 

52 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'd much rather have Sault than Jai Paul. 

Feels about time, let's have an announcement...

I'm with you there. 

April/May is usually when we get our first Sault release of the year, so fingers crossed. 

Id expect an album and a run of 4-5 shows in a London venue at first, then maybe more. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

tkcxycxs2gta1.png 

feels completely legit, doesn't it? 

if true can we 100% consider sza out as +1? I'd say yes
Nice to see what they are able to do with headliners with no other competitors around

Laurie Anderson seems too avant garde a booking to be in for this too.

2 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

tkcxycxs2gta1.png 

Nice to see what they are able to do with headliners with no other competitors around

Aphex Twin, Blur, Kendrick are all rummored here, it´s a realistic leak. But, it´s fake. Yves Tumor is touring UK that week. And FKA is not a possibility now that she cancelled the other dates.

12 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

tkcxycxs2gta1.png 

It looks too Primavera, like if I wanted to create a fake Primavera poster it would look like this

7 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

insane if trueimage.thumb.jpeg.79d5e783e20f109c9cd20e13140e3bda.jpeg

Crazy.  I've seen he injured his ankle too.  But from word of mouth, YouTube clips, Twitter etc (and speaking as a big fan) - I think no Frank Ocean at Primavera is better than Frank Ocean at Primavera

Edited by livenstu
will also make this Sunday's performance interesting! if it happens
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Crazy.  I've seen he injured his ankle too.  But from word of mouth, YouTube clips, Twitter etc (and speaking as a big fan) - I think no Frank Ocean at Primavera is better than Frank Ocean at Primavera

I was lucky enough to see him live in 2017 and it was a great show. I'm pretty sure people dreaming of "Frank Ocean at Primavera" mostly dream about what they didn't get to see in 2017, not the Coachella fucked up performance

20 minutes ago, aaalive said:

I was lucky enough to see him live in 2017 and it was a great show. I'm pretty sure people dreaming of "Frank Ocean at Primavera" mostly dream about what they didn't get to see in 2017, not the Coachella fucked up performance

that's true of course although i have a soft spot for a fuck up