The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

3 hours ago, Helsbels said:

Ive got the leopard print one. Tried it out in a torrential thunderstorm yesterday and it did the job. Hoping mine also stays in it's pouch!

I've also got the leopard print one - obviously hoping it was an unnecessary (but sylish) extravagance. Mainly I don't want to use it because it took me ages to figure out how to get it back into its built-in pouch - can only imagine what a mess I'll make of it after a cider or several 😅

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Not heard from Sheffield Steve for a while...

*Awaits his forecast for the arrival of the four horseman of the apocalypse at Worthy Farm on the Thursday afternoon*

Don’t worry it’s on it’s way….   Bring a helmet. 

Edited by Sheffield Steve
  • Like 1

We are still left hoping for a fingering to clear up the weekend. What will the 12Z bring?

GATES OPEN

Only a very small amount of rain around on the Monday now, dry on Tuesday and for gates open on Wednesday AM. The site will be bone dry based on this. Stays dry all day with highs of 19-20.

image.thumb.png.2ef6fb96100b578b2a92384343405876.png

Totally different appearance for the low pressure in this run (right), however, compared to the 0Z (left). Where will we go?

image.thumb.png.b62ba00c2016c4b5cf93686c63d29bab.png

THURSDAY

There's no doubt here the high is winning, pushing the low pressure out west. Very, very small possibility of early evening rain. Highs of 22.

image.thumb.png.60eebec4f1b00536432c89b205ca4c59.png

FRIDAY

Again effectively a dry day, with completely insignificant rainfall - would be burned away by the temperatures of 23.

image.thumb.png.aea44ddb8383bc59ebcb5fdfb5259c5b.png

SATURDAY

High pressure build yet further, leading to an increase in max temperatures to 24. Completely dry.

image.thumb.png.7bc483491d91a84ee84fcac81abe7004.png

This is the different in the position of the high pressure in the last two runs. Latest on the right.

image.thumb.png.b5b14ee029a25849b88f5797d0129350.png

SUNDAY

A FINGERING! More high pressure! No rain! Max temps of 24!

image.thumb.png.66342d5d0fdd54e48aa80162f7e5fd99.png

SUMMARY

The best run we've had for a long time, with hardly any rain and very good temperatures.

This is pretty much perfect (though a few would drop weekend temps a bit). But remember, it's still TOO EARLY.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

We are still left hoping for a fingering to clear up the weekend. What will the 12Z bring?

GATES OPEN

Only a very small amount of rain around on the Monday now, dry on Tuesday and for gates open on Wednesday AM. The site will be bone dry based on this. Stays dry all day with highs of 19-20.

image.thumb.png.2ef6fb96100b578b2a92384343405876.png

Totally different appearance for the low pressure in this run (right), however, compared to the 0Z (left). Where will we go?

image.thumb.png.b62ba00c2016c4b5cf93686c63d29bab.png

THURSDAY

There's no doubt here the high is winning, pushing the low pressure out west. Very, very small possibility of early evening rain. Highs of 22.

image.thumb.png.60eebec4f1b00536432c89b205ca4c59.png

FRIDAY

Again effectively a dry day, with completely insignificant rainfall - would be burned away by the temperatures of 23.

image.thumb.png.aea44ddb8383bc59ebcb5fdfb5259c5b.png

SATURDAY

High pressure build yet further, leading to an increase in max temperatures to 24. Completely dry.

image.thumb.png.7bc483491d91a84ee84fcac81abe7004.png

This is the different in the position of the high pressure in the last two runs. Latest on the right.

image.thumb.png.b5b14ee029a25849b88f5797d0129350.png

SUNDAY

A FINGERING! More high pressure! No rain! Max temps of 24!

image.thumb.png.66342d5d0fdd54e48aa80162f7e5fd99.png

SUMMARY

The best run we've had for a long time, with hardly any rain and very good temperatures.

This is pretty much perfect (though a few would drop weekend temps a bit). But remember, it's still TOO EARLY.

If I was talking absolute dream fest I'd drop all the temps by like 2/3 degrees, but I am beyond thrilled at that, especially given what we've had so far. STICK STICK STICK.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Careful now @CaledonianGonzo will be along any moment to tell you that any rain spells the end of civilization.

I'm with you though.

I will not cease from Mental Fight,

Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand:

Till we not a f**king raindrop falls,

On Michael Eavis's green & pleasant Land.

• Upvote 1

wowowow, as we have seen, a vast improvement.  Still a chance of a shower on Wednesday.  And some rain does push through on Thursday, but the increasing pressure does it’s best to keep it minimal. It tries to bring the odd shower on Friday too, but I’d think that unlikely and after that, it’s dry dry dry right through until Monday.

Lovely to see, let’s hope it’s a trend, but will be all change again tomorrow!

Untitled.thumb.gif.e9d91e49ba5f111b82aa84f94a89446a.gif