The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

4 hours ago, Trunks1993 said:

Apple teasing me with an ‘all-timer’ forecast. Too early 🥹

D61995D5-5020-4766-BF8A-FB95402E7272.jpeg

I've been going off my Apple weather to cheer me up for a good week now because it hadn't shown anything awful post Sunday 😅

22 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

The continued disregard for us Tuesday people is abhorrent. 

Everyone more than happy for us to get soaked.

Yeah, I figure I've got to keep in mind that the person who puts on the wristband Wednesday was probably setting up Tuesday. Like, I don't want that person to get a drenching before the thing's even started. Bitter experience from lots of wet steward shifts in the 00s!

Some people are a little concerned about what will happen on Friday. Let's see what the O6Z tells us!

THROUGH TO GATES OPENING

This run tracks with the 00Z in suggesting less rain on Sunday that we'd seen in previous run. Good news.

The bad news? The Tuesday rain is back in this run through the afternoon to the early evening, but not heavy rain.

Completely dry when the gates open, temps of 18.

image.thumb.png.6b00ba6fa4a1c1c836a8cd84c6cbb2cf.png

Wednesday itself is effectively dry on this run, and an improvement on the 00Z. Highs of 21.

image.thumb.png.f88245ff0e8332d883e63644a9d53ba4.png

THURSDAY

The danger of light rain has returned for the afternoon. But again, this is light stuff. Highs of 21.

image.thumb.png.a24712738f6bc2eb527bc3de5840a378.png

FRIDAY

Effectively a completely dry day. The blue shown here would be like being dripped on by a tap. Highs of 21.

image.thumb.png.85af6e65a0db50fd259b5c9dd241a6d9.png

SATURDAY

Very small showers of rain. Highs of 21.

image.thumb.png.3058e47f74a384ad36b8829497bbf252.png

SUNDAY

Completely dry, highs of 22.

image.thumb.png.dd60ad91781773c9c6291b1b41954f5e.png

SUMMARY

***I'm off to Arctic Monkeys now, so there won't be another detailed update today***

We always knew there was likely to be a wobble, and it was almost certain to come with the 06Z - it's the run which has regularly provided a little downgrade or something to be scared of. But if this is the wobble we get, with a small amount of rain added on a few days, we can take that.

With temps remaining at 21 throughout, it's always comfortable.

This run doesn't have the high coming in and taking control, and that means there is a little more rain around (it really isn't much) and temperatures don't soar.

There is a long, long way to go yet! There is a lot of uncertainty about what happens from Friday onwards. It could yet be finger-tastic.

4 minutes ago, briddj said:

Some people are a little concerned about what will happen on Friday. Let's see what the O6Z tells us!

THROUGH TO GATES OPENING

This run tracks with the 00Z in suggesting less rain on Sunday that we'd seen in previous run. Good news.

The bad news? The Tuesday rain is back in this run through the afternoon to the early evening, but not heavy rain.

Wednesday itself is effectively dry on this run, and an improvement on the 00Z. Highs of 21.

THURSDAY

The danger of light rain has returned for the afternoon. But again, this is light stuff. Highs of 21.

FRIDAY

Effectively a completely dry day. The blue shown here would be like being dripped on by a tap. Highs of 21.

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

SUMMARY

***I'm off to Arctic Monkeys now, so there won't be another detailed update today***

We always knew there was likely to be a wobble, and it was almost certain to come with the 06Z - it's the run which has regularly provided a little downgrade or something to be scared of. But if this is the wobble we get, with a small amount of rain added on a few days, we can take that.

This run doesn't have the high coming in and taking control, and that means there is a little more rain around (it really isn't much) and temperatures don't soar.

There is a long, long way to go yet! There is a lot of uncertainty about what happens from Friday onwards. It could yet be finger-tastic.

f**k THE TUESDAY RAIN, IT'S MY FIRST GLASTO - CANT WAIT

Cheers again, these updates are cracking in their depth and even a dafty like me can understand. 

Enjoy AM

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

THROUGH TO GATES OPENING

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

SUMMARY

"The Tuesday rain is back in this run through the afternoon to the early evening, but not heavy rain." = Mudbath

"Effectively dry on this run," =  Not dry enough

"The danger of light rain has returned for the afternoon. But again, this is light stuff" this can sh*t off

"Effectively a completely dry day. The blue shown here would be like being dripped on by a tap." a tap?!? a f**king tap??? no!

"Very small showers of rain" NO NO NO!

Completely dry, highs of 22. - The only correct day in this update.

Try harder people you're not believing enough. 

@briddjEnjoy the Monkees. 

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

THROUGH TO GATES OPENING

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

SUMMARY

Well this run looks like a pretty standard year overall really, doesn't it?

Thanks for all of your updates! Enjoy Arctics!

All looks pretty much in line with what the Norwegians are saying!

Worth remembering that 2.5mm of rain isn't necessarily a constant light drizzle all Thursday afternoon. It might land on our heads all at once (UKMO have been talking about a showery and unsettled setup all month so no surprise if it did!)

NORWEGIANS.JPG

10 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Hmm, do I not like that.  This is only 100 miles off being a very wet Arctic Monkeys…and at this range, that could easily happen…even as it is, it’ll be windy with showers.  Let’s hope for improvement later. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3161c2718b2fb8a4386958752e9f9c57.jpeg

Could .. might... maybe...

But right now it isn't! Let's stick to what the charts actually show for Pilton rather than searching for Armageddon. 😉

2 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Just a reminder that despite the revisionism in this thread ("the forecast always changes last minute!") the forecast does not, in fact, change last minute. Last year I distinctly remember the Friday/Saturday before the festival accurately predicting the festival weather. Likewise for 2019.

Nope. 2019 changed at the last minute.