LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

55 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Ah cheers, got it now. Bit optimistic to get from the Truth Stage to San Remo in 20 minutes then 😅

Yup. That’s not happening!

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

@Gnomicide - Did your info this morning link to the Churnups? (Obv I am not asking if you know who that is, just whether it related to them)

The bit I thought would cause debate was a tba on the Pyramid Friday. The name seems to have caused more than expected if anything.

3 minutes ago, William Mann said:

So are we done with announcements? Is there anything else we expect to be told/learn? If not it was certainly good fun in the last few months guessing and predicting announcements. Well done all!

I guess the unknown acts might get a reveal at some point ? 

1 hour ago, William Mann said:

So are we done with announcements? Is there anything else we expect to be told/learn? If not it was certainly good fun in the last few months guessing and predicting announcements. Well done all!

Next announcement? Taytay 2024.

1 hour ago, William Mann said:

Does the app launch count... I think (once tickets / coach times / accommodation details are delivered) that's the next thing people will be waiting on... 

42 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Does the app launch count... I think (once tickets / coach times / accommodation details are delivered) that's the next thing people will be waiting on... 

Yes app launch definitely counts and there was definitely some room for improvement so could be really handy if they get it right 🤞🏼

On 5/30/2023 at 4:42 PM, drunk pumpkin said:

Thank you my good man!

I'd also had QOTSA confirmed at the same time but didn't want to put out any spoilers.

Now I just need to find out if its Pulp or the Foo's!!!!

Yes!! You're the right person for the job - see what you can do, bring it home!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Yes app launch definitely counts and there was definitely some room for improvement so could be really handy if they get it right 🤞🏼

I was so excited for the app launch last year, dunno why, I barely used it... I did use it when I stumbled on an act I wasn't planning on seeing, but liked the sound of them, so that I knew who they were and marked them off in the app itinerary.

But the map was useless, which is a shame. 

37 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Some changes on the setlist, with several songs now played for a while including covers. This is going to be a special set imo:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2023/etihad-arena-abu-dhabi-united-arab-emirates-bb94d66.html

There's some additions there I'm very happy about (My Michelle & Anything goes) but they need to be careful with tracks 2 to 5 that they don't lose a chunk of the audience. All good but not for the casual observer. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Strange wave from the official account ? to this post .... never seen a reply from them before 

They don't reply often, I've had one from them since I started the Thingy Twitter.

Obvs I bookmarked it!

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 11:30 PM, she bangs the drums said:

Some changes on the setlist, with several songs now played for a while including covers. This is going to be a special set imo:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2023/etihad-arena-abu-dhabi-united-arab-emirates-bb94d66.html

On 6/3/2023 at 12:10 AM, Gnomicide said:

There's some additions there I'm very happy about (My Michelle & Anything goes) but they need to be careful with tracks 2 to 5 that they don't lose a chunk of the audience. All good but not for the casual observer. 

I'm also happy to see they played My Michelle - a warm up? Thought that would've been a mainstay for a while already.

That setlist according to setlist.fm lasted 3hrs 15 minutes, meaning they have to cut out an entire hour from their show. 

Based on their setlist in Dubai, it runs at about 6 mins per song meaning they need to cut about 9 songs out of their set. 

Edit - I cut Slash's solo, but they'll prob let him loose at some point. 

image.png

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

19 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm also happy to see they played My Michelle - a warm up? Thought that would've been a mainstay for a while already.

That setlist according to setlist.fm lasted 3hrs 15 minutes, meaning they have to cut out an entire hour from their show. 

Based on their setlist in Dubai, it runs at about 6 mins per song meaning they need to cut about 9 songs out of their set. 

Edit - I cut Slash's solo, but they'll prob let him loose at some point. 

image.png

Wrong thread like but lose This I Love and leave in Slither. 

Edited by Gnomicide