LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

12 minutes ago, mouserat said:

It's mostly getting days and splits for me - wife refuses to start listening to anyone new until she knows what the clashes will be as she can't be bothered to get invested in a new favourite act and then find she can't see them.

Also keen to get the final gaps in the lineup filled out as well as there are several possible acts to fill those gaps that would really make a difference to the weekend atm.

Most of our group are the same. I just wish that when the inddivdual stages are announced they also released the timings for their stage at the same time tbh. I don't know why they can't do that and it would help enormously. 

It does feel like we are moving into the something unforeseen scenario now, like someone prominent has dropped out and they are scrabbling to replace them.

The hopeful in me is that they have someone really good who is embargoed for some reason... but we're fast getting to the point that turning stuff around for printing is going to get difficult. 

21 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Can we have a sweepstake on what Glastonbury are going to tweet at 6pm tonight to rile us all up? I vote something about using the appropriate bins located around site

A retweet of worthy farm cheddar 🧀 🤞

3 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

If somebody genuinely has pulled out, why don't they just call Cliff Thornburn and get on with it

Cliff Thorburn is not, primarily, a presenter. He is a snooker – ex-snooker player – and is an unknown quantity

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Last year we had the set times 30th of May. Glasto (wednesday) started 21st of June, so the set times were released 22 days before the festival started.

Today there's still 23 days left to the start of the festival, so I don't understand why many of you are thinking someone big has pulled out? Seems to me we're just on the same path as last year, with the line-up & set times to drop tomorrow or later this week for sure. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They'd just put that in as a TBC surely 

Logically yeah, so the pessimist in me is erring towards a high profile drop out that they want sewing up before the full line up is out. 

Thing is it must be reasonably high up the bill if this is the case - if they lost The Streets (as a random example) they'll still punt the line up out and TBC the gap.

Just now, RutgerGM said:

Last year we had the set times 30th of May. Glasto (wednesday) started 21st of June, so the set times were released 22 days before the festival started.

Today there's still 23 days left to the start of the festival, so I don't understand why many of you are thinking someone big has pulled out? Seems to me we're just on the same path as last year, with the line-up & set times to drop tomorrow or later this week for sure. 

Because everyone on this forum is impatient. 

2 minutes ago, RutgerGM said:

When you put it like that it isn't too bad.

But we've had quite a few people say May (including Emily herself I think?) and the BBC Introducing press release last week included some of the new acts for the main stages; which does suggest the main line up was due at the same time - as has been the case in the past.

They've obviously had a torrid time getting bookings sorted this year, with the hyped 'big US female act' slipping through their fingers along with Stevie Wonder. 

6 minutes ago, RutgerGM said:

To me i think its more because there has now been a substainsal gap between the area announcments that it raises suspicion onto whats the reason for the hold up

8 minutes ago, RutgerGM said:

Because it was the same time in 2019 and it still came before the end of May. for the past few years the exact date of the festival hasn't had any precise correlation to the set times coming out, they've always come out at the end of May regardless. 

12 minutes ago, RutgerGM said:

Many areas and Emily have said end of May - hence the speculation. People were impatient on friday but now its actually past the point we were told.

Things obviously can change but thats the read for the speculation.

Ok I wasn't aware of the 'end of may'-messages. Well then I hope Coldplay pulled out & Fontaines is filling the headline slot on saturday. Would solve some big clashes for me and give me a decent headliner on saturday in one move 😄 

25 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

If somebody genuinely has pulled out, why don't they just call Cliff Thornburn and get on with it

Steve Davis is already on the lineup. Add Thorburn and you either have a potential uber-clash or, if they're together, a crowd that would dwarf Elton's.

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Many areas and Emily have said end of May - hence the speculation. People were impatient on friday but now its actually past the point we were told.

Things obviously can change but thats the read for the speculation.

I don't think Emily did say that.  It's become an urban myth on here that she did, but when asked no one could show the evidence.

• Upvote 1

There's a group of people gathered in front of what looks like a signpost in the pyramid field.  Not sure if this means anything, but at this stage in the game I'll clutch at any straw.

image.png.a0642b5e18483525a1089f5c992702cf.png

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

There's a group of people gathered in front of what looks like a signpost in the pyramid field.  Not sure if this means anything, but at this stage in the game I'll clutch at any straw.

image.png.a0642b5e18483525a1089f5c992702cf.png

It’s a sign 

• Upvote 3

Yeah, we're still well within the realms of Glastonbury normal. There's nothing out of the ordinary happening this year in comparison with other years. The individual stages have been wrong in previous years when responding to questions about when the full line-up is dropping.

If it's June 12th and we still haven't had the times, then there's probably good reason to speculate.