LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

Seems to be a lot of people posting to say tomorrow. Does anyone have any genuine info about this or is it just the same as i've been seeing every day?

Very, very reliable intel.

As sure as we ever are about things. It's 10am tomorrow.

Ben
x

I love how dramatic people get in this group, I can safely say the majority of people don’t care, I’d be surprised if some of my group even look at times anymore until we get there.

although f we wanna play along let’s have SZA cancel, Coldplay move to Sunday and Pulp play Saturday when I have nothing I want to see, that would be perfect. Thanks 

Just now, Barneym said:

I love how dramatic people get in this group, I can safely say the majority of people don’t care, I’d be surprised if some of my group even look at times anymore until we get there.

although f we wanna play along let’s have SZA cancel, Coldplay move to Sunday and Pulp play Saturday when I have nothing I want to see, that would be perfect. Thanks 

Half of my mates don't even look at the line up!

9 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I'd prefer it if they moved The National to the Saturday before Coldplay, move  Justice to the Sunday other stage and move Little Simz to sunday west holts... But that's just me but I think that would spread out the crowd much better on Sunday night.

Edited by gazzared

4 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

I love the dramatics of some of these posts. 

How hard is it to say “a reliable source has told me it will be tomorrow”? The cloak and dagger stuff is very corny.

Love a bit of corny in here. We're all just a bunch of geeks 🤓 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Barneym said:

That would be the dream!

4 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I'd prefer it if they moved The National to the Saturday before Coldplay, move  Justice to the Sunday other stage and move Little Simz to sunday west holts... But that's just me but I think that would spread out the crowd much better on Sunday night.

Nah Simz needs to have her time on the pointy one

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Part of me wondered - and assume somebody debated while I was away - what would happen if SZA sacked it off. My mate was convinced they'd bump The National from Other to top.

As enjoyable as that would have been... pipe dream.

As unsuitable as they are if you had to promote within the line up they would be second to Shania surely? And that would be if they found another legend to replace her. Says a lot about the star power of the line up as a whole I suppose.

Just now, 1986 said:

As unsuitable as they are if you had to promote within the line up they would be second to Shania surely? And that would be if they found another legend to replace her. Says a lot about the star power of the line up as a whole I suppose.

Was pointing out to my crew today that SZA's BST sales are behind Shania, Robbie, Kings of Leon. I'm aware that a younger crowd may not have disposable income to burn on such shows, but think it's an indictment that, despite Kill Bill being a massive hit and SZA earning very strong catalogue sales, she's not looking as strong as a booking as she otherwise might have in comparison.

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Nah Simz needs to have her time on the pointy one

I thought her headlining west holts would be better or has she done that before...I see she's played twice before but I can't see where

Just now, gazzared said:

I thought her headlining west holts would be better or has she done that before...I see she's played twice before but I can't see where

Last time she headlined West Holts and she finished her set by saying she'd see us on the pointy one next time. She's a woman of her word and deserves her slot. Besides The National did that slot last time before Foos and as a National fan it was not good nobody was interested and it would be exactly the same before Coldplay. They'll be better in front of an interested crowd on the Other stage. It's my only concern for Simz. I think I'd rather she was on before Dua Lipa.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gazzared said:

100% this! Maybe also moving Idles earlier so can watch them and then Fontaines 🙂

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Was pointing out to my crew today that SZA's BST sales are behind Shania, Robbie, Kings of Leon. I'm aware that a younger crowd may not have disposable income to burn on such shows, but think it's an indictment that, despite Kill Bill being a massive hit and SZA earning very strong catalogue sales, she's not looking as strong as a booking as she otherwise might have in comparison.

In terms of overall popularity and broad appeal to a UK audience, I'm struggling to think of a weaker headline booking in the years I've attended.  Of our group of 20-odd people, I think only 2 are actually planning on seeing her and 15+ had never even heard of her before she was announced, including me.  VERY much in line with relative ages, but still, I don't ever recall it being similar with other headliners previously.

• Upvote 1