LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

8 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

Yeah I feel like dance music fans are spoiled for choice in terms of current-ness, emerging DJs and old favourites.

Some of us have some (minor) complaints in this area too - not particularly diverse and largely safe bookings

1 minute ago, kugglaw said:

I’m all for discovering new music but I wish there was more stuff I already like. 

Be easier to discover new music if they'd booked a few of this year's buzziest acts (Chappell Roan, Sabrina Carpenter, Troye Sivan, etc) instead of Paloma Faith 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

In terms of bands, we’re not so lucky. Unless you’re genuinely excited about seeing Frank Turner for the 150th time or stopped listening to music sometime around the 2010s.

I know there’s a tendency to have to be super positive but - The Zutons?! Paloma Faith? Avril Lavigne? Coldplay? It’s like an XFM compilation CD from my GCSE days.

Pretty much just listed the ones I'm most looking forward to there! 

13 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

Yeah I feel like dance music fans are spoiled for choice in terms of current-ness, emerging DJs and old favourites.

In terms of bands, we’re not so lucky. Unless you’re genuinely excited about seeing Frank Turner for the 150th time or stopped listening to music sometime around the 2010s.

I know there’s a tendency to have to be super positive but - The Zutons?! Paloma Faith? Avril Lavigne? Coldplay? It’s like an XFM compilation CD from my GCSE days.

EDIT:

Its especially galling when you see smaller, one day festivals in and around the UK / Europe have much better line ups.

Jai Paul is playing in a park near my house this summer, why isn’t he on The Woodsies or something?

Out of likes, but yep.

Dua Lipa, Coldplay are good headliners. SZA so so. It's the subs that are the issue for me -

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, that's fair. 

A question to you and other regular attendees. Overall festival experience aside, does this full lineup make you reconsider committing to buying a ticket in October regardless of knowing who's on the lineup? 

Glastonbury is by far and away the best experience festival wise in the UK imo and its for this reason that I attend. However when it comes to the line up, I often feel other festivals are better. I think the issue this year is there is nobody particularly exciting - plenty I'd like to see but anybody I'd be devastated to miss? - I don't think there's anyone. 

4 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

Sanctimonious rubbish. People are entitled to opinions on an event they’ve paid money to attend. 

An event they knowingly chose to commit to via a fraction of the cost of a ticket, then had the choice to pay full balance to attend after the major names had been announced.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Oh I agree... 100%

And I 'think' most Metallica fans I know agreed last year too. 🙂 

Not sure about that - Download sold out both Metallica days easily (and their European 2-night-no-repeats tour was also a sellout afaik).

I'm a pretty casual fan but we went to the Saturday show and it was EPIC.

So this year is my least ever excited Glastonbury.
Thursday 
Steve Davies
Showhawk Duo
Kevin and Perry Rave
Phil Hartnoll

Friday 
Squeeze
Craig Charles
Paul Heaton
Frank Turner
Lulu
Haircut 100
Jungle
OMG it’s the church

Saturday 
47 Soul
Beatles Dub Club
Cyndi Lauper 
Keane
Micheal Kiwanuka
Coldplay
OMG it’s the Church
Fatboy Slim
Altern 8

Sunday
Seasick Steve
Palmona Faith
Shania Twain
London Grammar

Edited by westholtschic

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Certainly a lot of regulars amongst them. A few new acts, established debutantes and long awaited returns but there's an argument to suggest it's slightly weaker, coupled with a bias towards certain genres

Yeah I'm happy enough with the after hours options. I usually am.  It's the mid-table big stage bookings that are all over the floor.

1 minute ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Ok, spill the beans!

How did you know?

he is well connected in electronic circles, if i guessed it would be via one of the stage organisers there.

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

An event they knowingly chose to commit to via a fraction of the cost of a ticket, then had the choice to pay full balance to attend after the major names had been announced.

The lineup gets eked out over the course of months, after you’ve paid the full fee. It’s not the headliners I’m bothered about anyway. 

At any rate, I’m glad I’m going and obviously I’m going to have an amazing time. 

As I won’t know my Oxfam shifts until I arrive I’ll have wait to see what I’m likely to be able to get to or not. So no point stressing about clashes yet! Hopefully will be able to see some  favourites - just glad to be going back to the farm after missing out last year. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, LR10416 said:

Was hoping for a last minute Chappell Roan addition. Videos coming out of recent American festivals look a lot of fun. Apart from that I’m really happy generally. Stoked about some good disco alternatives to the normal late night stuff.

interesting. Who are you referring to here please?

Not sure what happened but I managed to post a duplicate post.

So what stages aren't listed yet?  I've seen some mentioned like Small World, Rimski's Yard - what others? 

I seem to remember the Bimble Inn having great acts in the past too but don't recognise much there so will have to have a listen.  The first year I went in 2014 I really liked a band there called Will and the People who I still follow on social media but have only managed to see again once as they're based way down south and rarely venture up to the Midlands.  Then in 2016 I came across Man and the Echo in Left Field and I absolutely love them and have seen them loads since.  Would love to find someone new that I like as much as these two.  Off to have a listen now.  

Edited by Beerqueen

9 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

I’d guess either Michael bibi or overmono. Praying for overmono tbh 

dont do it this to me man.... overmono is prob the only name missing late night to make this one of the best late night offerings ever for me .

7 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

The lineup gets eked out over the course of months, after you’ve paid the full fee. It’s not the headliners I’m bothered about anyway. 

At any rate, I’m glad I’m going and obviously I’m going to have an amazing time. 

First poster: 14th March 2024

Refund deadline:  3rd May 2024

Seems fair enough to me. 

Anyone that's not happy with it could have cancelled and gone somewhere else.  

Personally, I think it's a lovely line up apart from the Pyramid but I can cope without going there for one festival. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3