What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

15 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Fixed the leak above the chimney in the van by adding a new flashing yesterday. It rained today, so I know it works.

Nearly finished the interior panneling. Next up - flooring.

The race is on.

Once you're happy, please share some pics... 

4 hours ago, paulshane said:

Got my caravan out from it's hiding place at the bottom of the garden, ready for its annual clean, and to see whats been living in it since last year 🙂

image.thumb.png.6e174c9bc643f54d874c8b02d5d4d424.png

I needed to move some slabs to move the car, and this chap was less than impressed at being woken up so early on a bamnk holiday:

image.thumb.png.60ef5465ec3326ed44276e62b2a1163d.png

image.png.e2c6630132abf638131c7601bf163bbf.pnghelped him out to a safer place away from car wheels and all is well 🙂

Jesus Christ! I'm fairly certain that you are the winner of what lengths one would go to in order to get to Glastonbury. A remarkable achievement. 

7 hours ago, paulshane said:

Got my caravan out from it's hiding place at the bottom of the garden, ready for its annual clean, and to see whats been living in it since last year 🙂

image.thumb.png.6e174c9bc643f54d874c8b02d5d4d424.png

I needed to move some slabs to move the car, and this chap was less than impressed at being woken up so early on a bamnk holiday:

image.thumb.png.60ef5465ec3326ed44276e62b2a1163d.png

image.png.e2c6630132abf638131c7601bf163bbf.pnghelped him out to a safer place away from car wheels and all is well 🙂

Bottom picture looks like the fucking Last of Us, mate!

started the packing list.. aiming to be a bit more strategic this year. my back and my knee are a mess and won't withstand too much weight without giving in.

gone on a couple of long walks (for me anyhow) aiming to do a lot more over the run up to the festival

placed an order for breakfast bars - will try them out in advance, just for eating at camp in the morning before we set off for something more substantial

17 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Just completed my online Glastonbury Site Safety Induction.

Save loads of time at the gate, as it has to be done anyway.

Don't worry - not for punters.

Can you imagine, 150000 punters all having to do an induction before they get their wristband 

bought cans of espresso martini (thanks for the code) and researching new tent to buy (discovered a hole when setting up last year - still used for one more camping trip but won't risk it this year).  Starting to get excited now the sun is out! 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

When did you last use it, or had you just decided it needed a refurb this year?

I knew it needed a refurbishment last year... wasn't sure whether to scrap it or not but we love it too much.  Used it at Easter and the bench/bed cushions got soaked underneath from the rising damp. Had to be done 🤑

I did a test run of getting my popup tent down last weekend, whilst giving it a good airing in the nice weather. I hate the Monday struggle of flipping it down when I'm absolutely spent.

Not this year!

Also, gonna have to buy some tent pegs when I land in Bristol as they have gone missing...