Volunteering 2023

neil93

43 minutes ago, chestwig said:

OXFAM volunteering website has been down now for about 3 days... It say's it's closed for maintenance.  I'm wondering if this might mean when it opens again there will be a flux of new spots available?

I doubt it. It'll be to fix whatever issue caused people to book spaces when they sold out. 

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

Co-op staff members can apply to work in the shop from 27th March. 

https://colleaguestories.coop.co.uk/2023/03/06/get-ready-to-join-our-festival-crew/

No word on their litter picking so far, have removed it from the list.

They brought an absolutely insane amount of litter pickers last year, surely more than was needed! 

Here's a photo of them swarming the tow and hitch! 😂IMG_20220620_204943.thumb.jpg.88cd91d0977bfd34584baae3f7c4af14.jpg

14 hours ago, LeeHC said:

They brought an absolutely insane amount of litter pickers last year, surely more than was needed! 

Here's a photo of them swarming the tow and hitch! 😂IMG_20220620_204943.thumb.jpg.88cd91d0977bfd34584baae3f7c4af14.jpg

Oh man.... my fave bar! Makes me miss Glasto even more now

HAHA just realised im in your picture!! just under the canopy at the back with my 2 brothers! 

Edited by Havors
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dondo said:

Yes. We had a good efests volunteer meet up on the Monday last year which was fun.

I remember, sadly my briefing was at the same time though!

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I remember, sadly my briefing was at the same time though!

Should be having another one this year so hopefully won't clash.  That said we were there for a good few hours (as my head on the Tuesday would testify).

7 minutes ago, dondo said:

Should be having another one this year so hopefully won't clash.  That said we were there for a good few hours (as my head on the Tuesday would testify).

I'll do my best!  Our paths probably crossed at T&H as I was out with some Oxfam and FMS friends but didn't want to ask people if they were from efests haha 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'll do my best!  Our paths probably crossed at T&H as I was out with some Oxfam and FMS friends but didn't want to ask people if they were from efests haha 

dont be shy 🙂 i definately want to say hello at some point .... hopefully ill be in a state to recognise you though 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

dont be shy 🙂 i definately want to say hello at some point .... hopefully ill be in a state to recognise you though 

maybe I'll wear a hat 🙂 

5 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

My wife has just got a volunteer spot with Oxfam!

Amazing news…got mine last month and have been fretting that she won’t be able to go.

She has a page checker set up at work and must have pinged when the site cam back up from maintenance a few minutes ago….

Awesome!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Amazing news…got mine last month and have been fretting that she won’t be able to go.

She has a page checker set up at work and must have pinged when the site cam back up from maintenance a few minutes ago….

Great stuff I have been hovering all day but no joy as yet.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Aarrrggh I forgot to put my page monitor back on! 😞

6 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Anybody know how to set a web page monitor so I know if changes have been made?

I got a place last year by using Distill for Chrome.

I can't remember the details of how I set it up though...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/distill-web-monitor/inlikjemeeknofckkjolnjbpehgadgge?hl=en

FFS. I am literally sat at laptop... freshed within 3 seconds of my page monitor going off. It had already gone back to sold out... how is that even possible? haha FML can everyone stop checking the page until I have a spot please? haha 😄 

5 minutes ago, med said:

Am I right in thinking, that if you're an Oxfam volunteer at Glastonbury, you can sleep in your vehicle? 

No you cant. Unless you bring a proper live in vehicle and ok it with Oxfam. Limited places for campervans etc.

Edited by Havors

1 minute ago, Havors said:

No you cant. Unless you bring a proper live in vehicle and ok it with Oxfam. Limited places for campervans etc.

Ah ok, thanks.  I do have a bongo, so maybe that might be ok.  That's if I get a volunteering spot of course 🙂