Volunteering 2023

neil93

29 minutes ago, golden egg said:

Slightly off topic sorry but I’m gonna assume I won’t get a glasto spot at this point (will keep trying) so have signed up for two others; Womad and Nass.. 

i feel like Nass is probably full of kids and might not be so great but the lineup is decent and the skating etc will be good. My other option was 2000 trees on same date but don’t know too much about that one?

anyone worked any of these and what are they like?

I would’ve chosen boomtown or even arctangent but they clash with houghton and it’s aftermath 

I did 2000 trees last year and it was easily the most chilled and accepting gig by far.  The festival is great, the crowd/vibe amazing, and from an Oxfam perspective you only had two shifts, daytime, car parking.  The Oxfam crew were very welcoming and friendly, and everything is about 5 mins walk away, max 10 mins.

That might of course change this year as I understand Oxfam has taken on additional duties, but I can't imagine it would be anything too taxing.

18 minutes ago, Amani said:

I did 2000 trees last year and it was easily the most chilled and accepting gig by far.  The festival is great, the crowd/vibe amazing, and from an Oxfam perspective you only had two shifts, daytime, car parking.  The Oxfam crew were very welcoming and friendly, and everything is about 5 mins walk away, max 10 mins.

That might of course change this year as I understand Oxfam has taken on additional duties, but I can't imagine it would be anything too taxing.

Genuine shame the music at 2000 trees holds no interest for me cos it looks like a lovely little festival and isn't as far away as a lot of the ones Oxfam do. 

1 hour ago, danstan said:

Anyone volunteering with Shelter from the North West? Looking to car share as they only allow you to drive if there is more than 1 passenger. 

When do you want to go. I’m going from near Chester Monday morning and back Tuesday morning after

Shelter- Car Share South Wales

Hi anyone want to share a lift I'm planning on driving to Bristol for the coach so could pick up anywhere along the M4 from Swansea. 

My 1st time volunteering and be good to buddy up on the way 

Let me know ASAP if interested 

Steve

1 hour ago, golden egg said:

My other option was 2000 trees on same date but don’t know too much about that one?

All I know is that 2000 Trees was set up by an ex-band mate of the singer in my band and it caters kind of alternative rock and metal. My singer says it's a great festival to go to but if you're not into that type of music at all it's probably not worth volunteering unless you're desperate for a 2nd festival to get on the Oxfam priority list for Glasto next year.

Edited by Johnnyseven

On 4/26/2023 at 6:08 PM, ConMan said:

Ah okay, thanks. Was there a set split pattern, or was it just a case of ‘you’ll be here at x o’clock and finish at y o’clock’ ?

From what I remember from the times I did it, you'd get 3x 8 hour shifts where one was 11am-7pm, one was 3pm - 11pm and the other was 7pm-3am.  Times may vary depending on the bar you're on but that was the mix that I'd got in the years I did it.

31 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

All I know is that 2000 Trees was set up by an ex-band mate of the singer in my band and it caters kind of alternative rock and metal. My singer says it's a great festival to go to but if you're not into that type of music at all it's probably not worth volunteering unless you're desperate for a 2nd festival to get on the Oxfam priority list for Glasto next year.

There’s a few things on the lineup I’d definitely like and a lot I’ve never heard of. I think musically I’d find it more interesting than Nass actually.. I dunno if someone tells me nass is a nightmare or has words shifts maybe I’ll change

2 hours ago, golden egg said:

Slightly off topic sorry but I’m gonna assume I won’t get a glasto spot at this point (will keep trying) so have signed up for two others; Womad and Nass.. 

i feel like Nass is probably full of kids and might not be so great but the lineup is decent and the skating etc will be good. My other option was 2000 trees on same date but don’t know too much about that one?

I would’ve chosen boomtown or even arctangent but they clash with houghton and it’s aftermath 

I can't speak for WOMAD or 2000 Trees, but NASS is where the Bath and West Camper Field is located (Shepton Mallet Show Ground), it's not the most beautiful of venues 🙂

6 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I take it this is Oxfam? I almost wish they hadn't publicised as i've been relentlessly checking their website for places coming up,now there's gonna be a bun fight - bit selfish I know.

Yep, sorry for Oxfam! 

Explains why they’ve not added any spaces for a few weeks - will also hopefully mean that any spaces cancelled after Tuesday will be going up as and when, so keep those page checkers running! 

Can anyone with Oxfam bun fight experience tell me the best way to jump on when they release places? Is it better to log in to my account ahead of the release time and just click the drop down at the release time to select Glastonbury or should I log into my account at the release time and then select Glastonbury? Basically do you need to log into your account after the tim ethe slots are released or will the option be available if you're logged in before the release time and so appear in the drop down box at the release time.

I hope i've explained what i'm asking so people can understand. 

Also, what day do you need to arrive for Oxfam?

Edited by Johnnyseven

15 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

Ah, sad I'll miss this, I'm not arriving till the Tuesday!

There's normally a bar crawl on the Tuesday night too- not an efests one more a big one for the different volunteering teams.